View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2014, 18:26 (Ref:3398879)   #1788
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed I will!

What a muddy mess Prescott was.
However, had a damp slippy practice run this morning, then the two race runs.

After a gentile (slow) first run I found myself behind the NG V8 on road tyres..
The rain held off some more and on the second run 'we' stormed ahead to 5th in a class of 8, just pipping one of the SPA/JUDD V8 drivers.
Far off my best of 46 the 49 sec run was good, but the car felt so planted it is untrue.
The steering is very light like I suddenly have power steering which is a little disconcerting but it steers fabulously and is rock steady 'neutral' so plenty of space to explore the grip.

Engine ran really gutsy, gearbox changed positively, and everyone loves the new colour and graphics!

So, car great and my huge ego is stroked a touch..

Got drowned coming hope and it took ages to load the car onto the trailer.

There is even mud in the rock cake tin!!

Next two nights or 3 will be cleaning it yet again and mopping up all the water in the tub.
The nock-nock-nocking has gone, so it was the balance weights hitting the caliper, so a touch of time on the trusty Myford Super 7 will fix that.

Shelsley Walsh next weekend before we depart for the Mille Miglia and 2 weeks in Italy getting a LOT of brownie points.

Away from the mud, a great great weekend with my 'mistress'

Oh, and Mrs Hillclimber who endured all this mess with me.