View Single Post
Old 4 May 2014, 17:54 (Ref:3401961)   #1791
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Irritating day at the hill today!

Just what is the matter with me i don't know..

Car is perfect. Never thought I would ever say that, but it is.
Starts, runs, changes gear , brakes, handles and even looks bloody great (according to many this weekend).

Where is the speed?

Operator error in lack a of b@lls I think.

First timed run gave a great start of 2.08 secs then just got going to a red flag.
Came back down the hill, straight to the start line with a hot engine and all fired-up.
Bam and off we went, 2.11 sec start and off up this very steep hill, every part of this track is tricky, and an error is VERY costly.

First bend was flat in 2nd on the limiter, second bend (the fearsome 'Crossing') and hard in third, to the upward section harry flatters in 3rd, engine giving every bit it has, peddle to the metal, bottom Esse loomed fast, down to 2nd and lurch into the left, then a spurt and to the right missing the drain cover and hard second, hard third, hard forth to the finish...and....

A bloody 33.79 @ 92 mph (a full second off my personal best) GRUMPY.

Second run this afternoon, clean start, 2.17 and off up the hill to finish a miserable 33.14 @ 90 mph but missed third trying too hard after the esses looking at the finishing straight.

It would have been a 32 but for 'operator error'

BUT, what great weekend with the car.

Came 3rd in a 4 car class, so some more points in the Championship, but the top two cut 26 second runs.

Great fun.

Off out to Donnington in the trusty 911 tomorrow to watch, drink coffee and a burger with Mrs hillclimber. Chill!

I'm a very happy old skool driver with a great car at last.

I finally think I'm there.
Attached Thumbnails
lola 36 060.jpg   lola 36 063.jpg