View Single Post
Old 8 Jun 2014, 18:31 (Ref:3417007)   #1798
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting and very very enjoyable weekend at Loton Park, just got back ahead of a shower..

Saturday practice was WET, so crawled up the hill on slicks to a 'fantastic' 79 seconds. I was not alone.

Put the cover on the car and went home!

Sunday race day was a different matter.

Sun and a bone dry track bode well, and Although i was not in a good frame of mind, had a shot at the hill.

This is with the new tyre pressures of 12 Fr/ 15Rr

Fabulous.

Talk about easy to drive.
Netted a sound 58.04 sec, short of my pb of 57.14 but a good solid run and ahead of two class mates, so should be 2 points for the count so far.

Everything simply worked well, but why am i a second or so off the pace?
Best find a shrink.

Second race run was going well, better start and a full 0.3 sec faster to Triangle corner, then got Red Flagged.

Back down to the start, hot engine, hotter driver and a long wait to have another shot to a very miserable 59.01, slower all over the course.

Back to the paddock and to the bar for an ice cold Magners Cider.

The car is just great and the compliments still roll-in about the flippin' colour and stripes.

Two weeks off now.

I have a fuel cut-off switch to fit and after yet another serious crash this morning in the fast single seaters, this game is starting to worry.

Thinking Hanns etc.

Still; a great weekend of hillclimbing for us, great fellow racers and sun.

Happy.