View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2014, 06:29 (Ref:3424072)   #1799
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Installed a nice new cut-off switch, water proof plug etc and things seemed good until just about everyone I hillclimb with condemned such a device...

So many said/say it will trigger with the G forces exerted in a race car compared to a land rover.
I'm not sure as the Rover is on a grass rocky bank at 30 deg and jolts against a hard rock, the sudden G force could well tipple the ball bearing in side.

Anyway, now persuaded to remove it it is back to wiring the pump through the oil switch designed to break the pump feed when the engine stops. This means though the pump need another switch to prime the empty carbs prior to starting.
Once running, the system will work.

Parts awaited from Demon Tweeks.

Also ordered a neck collar at the same time. That will take some getting used to.

Showing the car at the Hagley Club display at a local charity car show close to Shrewsbury on sunday, then Prescott the weekend after. Oddly low entry for that meeting, just 3 cars, 4 drivers. Could get a point though.

The Hill Climb Holiday then starts but I've entered the clubby meets in July/early August to keep my hand in, more time in the seat can only help find some soeed (from me).