View Single Post
Old 3 Mar 2008, 16:59 (Ref:2143406)   #84
Brendan Roberts
Rookie

Brendan Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I correct to think that Top Hat is now FIA appx K? If so that gives FIA cars Top Hat and U2TC. HRSR provides for a 'broader church' and if HRSR have got it right then drivers will support it. Having just tested my Alfa after an 18month engine rebuild (and even after 18m its still 1588cc 78.5 bore!) I am now looking at where to run. Just received the HRSR regs. How do they differ from previous HRSR regs or are they the same? Biggest issue to me as a possible new entrant is driving standards as the incident at Silverstone 'finals' and general 'reputation' on the bush telegraph is that HRSR has a tad too much avoidable contact. I dont see what the fuss is about HRSR regs. If you want to race in pure FIA Appx K then that is well catered for and lots available, so do that. If you just want to get out and enjoy a race meeting irrespective then whats wrong with HRSR in an FIA Appx K car? Simon Drabble's argument about cost may be true but if you had an HRSR car already the prospect of converting to Appx K to run in the same series would be an issue. As I see it there is an Appx K class and provided the regs provide for a level playing field and transparency the racing should be fine. Its more the prospect of a Mustang wing nudging my Italian ali that worries me................