View Single Post
Old 8 Aug 2013, 11:26 (Ref:3287282)   #82
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaE View Post
Thanks and have done that! Yeah we fully accept that Formula E is not going to be everyone's cup of tea, especially hardcore petrolheads.
i think right now, especially with f1 looking a bit wobbly, there's a really big gap in the market for a new approach to cars going around in circles. in theory, the hardcore petrolheads should be at least swayed from the "hate it, it's EVIL" side to "might have a look" by the insanely cool technology. i really hope there's plans to go to universities and stuff like the autosport show and circuit events to get curious people involved and informed.

i'm not sure petrolheads are hostile, i think it's more fear than anything. at the moment the technology isn't available to do a decent and environmentally friendly job of hybrid cars, let alone fully electric ones, and perhaps there's concern that this hybrid stuff is being imposed upon us when it isn't really worth having yet.

hopefully this formula will go a decent way towards speeding up the development and technology, and help normalise the no-fossil fuel thing in the mind of the public as well.