View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2011, 23:27 (Ref:2972284)   #27
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey29 View Post
Off topic: from rumours I've heard Silverstone will have WEC but not LMES. The SIlverstone rounds of LMES and ILMC were the best attended IIRC, so I can't see them dropping a British round, and no other venue is big enough.

Back on topic: equally, I can't see Renault World Series wanting to abandon the busiest venue of the year.

The issue AFAIK is down to circuit hire fees.
It was Graham Goodwin on Radio Le Mans, that was saying that Silverstone was not certain to get a round of the WEC. But I`m with you, apart from the astroturf issue, this years event was stunning, so fingers crossed.

Very short sighted of silverstone, if it is an issue with circuit fees, as over the years the RWS must have been the best advert silverstone could have for attracting new people to the sport. And the chance to tempt them back to events where silverstone does get the gate money.

I really hope circuit fees is not the issue, and that its some other short term reason like the olympics, and we get it back in 2013