Old 29 Mar 2013, 18:25 (Ref:3226519)   #130
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Scooter185 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Why the heck does NASCAR need a DTM-style series to 'compete' with Indy? Why should they even care. Half empty grandstands at St. Petersburg with 16,000 seats and the usual ratings on NBCSN. With the crazy racing at the end of last week's race they're water cooler talk for at least another weekend. Indy meanwhile will be forum talk, that's about it...

Amazing that people are shocked motor racing is a dangerous sport. the last 20-30 laps of that race on Sunday were better than anything I've seen in the DTM since perhaps 2002. Americans will be wondering why the heck cars are randomly driving down the pit lane every ten laps if they keep up their current penalty system in the US version of DTM: No major contact unless you drive a Mercedes.
I don't think it's needed to compete with IndyCar, but it's the only other series that it makes sense to compete with. I also didnt mean only competing for fans but also teams/drivers, sponsors, and Hondas $$$.

Otherwise dtm would be competing and possibly taking those things away from the new USCR which doesn't make much sense.