View Single Post
Old 8 Dec 2013, 23:11 (Ref:3341756)   #3101
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
I thought this was already over (expecting moderator interruption any moment): lets imagine Porsche burns downs again, and I'd just post "Porsche just burned down.", but in reality it could be a news story, tweet or just made up rumor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Wow, are you a journalist or do you just think everything in a forum is supposed to be triple sourced news?? If i see something that says, Jani's birthday and testing the LMP1 in such a short snippet I'm smart and discerning enough to assume it was read from a twitter feed. Especially as the particular poster has in the past referenced twitter feeds of various Porsche associated people. But then I actually use my own common sense to sort news and don't need information spoon fed to me like a primary school student.
As I agree with both of you, this goes for both of you:
As this is a serious forum, the information shared here is of high value, and mostly true info from close sources. However there are also rumors and guesses.
If the news are big stories, then I agree with Deggis, sources are important!, if it's small "nice to know" news, then sources are less important.
The poster of the news is also important, as some have less credibility than others.
Baseline, we are all different people, with different cultures and upbringings. We therefor act differently, and sometimes just have to accept that not all posts are written to our own taste.
And lets just remember, "if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything"