View Single Post
Old 9 May 2007, 08:25 (Ref:1909670)   #2
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
Make sure all teams commit to the whole season. Grids of 24 or 26 at some races are nice, but it makes the series look unstable if smaller teams like Greece and Singapore dip in and out of the championship. 22 teams that contest the whole season is good enough.
Completely agree
Quote:
Tighter schedule, 10-12 races would be fine, keeping it more in the motorsport "off-season". This avoids stepping on F1's toes and would hopefully allow more drivers to take part who might otherwise race in clashing series.
This is definitely one thing that annoyed me a bit. The gaps between some races this season were far too long. It made it difficult to keep track of when the next race actually was. If people manage to watch one race on TV, and enjoy it, the next one needs to be 2 weeks away max - by the time a month passes they'll have forgotten how good the last race was.
Quote:
Try and steer away from street-races - they bring bigger publicity to the local area but cost a hell of a lot more and bring far too many variables. Stick with one or two viable street courses that have good local and political support and don't shed money.
I think it's more a case of ensure that the street courses are planned better. We don't want street circuits that the hairpins are too tight at, for example. If the season was entirely street circuits, I wouldn't object (much) - providing they still produced good racing
Quote:
Sprint/feature race format needs sorting out. Either go back to the format of season 1 (two equal length races) or just have one main race on raceday (2 stops mandatory, like DTM). At the moment the sprint race is a bit of a non-event, no prize money, no live coverage on SkySports etc. If the season 1 format is used, have a reverse grid lineup of sorts for race 2 to spice things up.
Last year wasn't 2 equal length races - it was just a shorter gap between the two. Which proved pretty well unworkable for the teams, and with a fairly long gap on the coverage. I don't think we'll see the format return to as was in season1. Perhaps add things to the sprint - and try to get live TV coverage for it.