View Single Post
Old 20 May 2014, 19:55 (Ref:3408385)   #987
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
Only allow P1 privateers in ELMS you mean? That's a good idea for that class.

However, I'm not sure how the current P2 teams feel about that.
Yes indeed, only privateers. But no pro-am stuff please!

I'm sure the LMP2s would not show smily faces for a while but I doubt the drop in grid numbers would be too substantial. Even in the darkest of years ie 2012 (ironically the first year without P1) there were healthyish numbers for that class. And they were second division for such a long time before... it would be fine

Putting P1 ahead in importance should be the goal anyway. ACO itself keeps repeating the importance of privateer side - well ELMS is better place for them than fiddling behind all the works cars in expensive world championship's meaningless sub class

Positive note: ACO has done a good job in resurrecting ELMS from the grave - so let's continue to improve it... if we can't have merged grids, at least bring along the P1 market again and don't let it rot

Last edited by Deleted; 20 May 2014 at 20:05.