View Single Post
Old 25 Mar 2014, 10:52 (Ref:3384054)   #571
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flem View Post
Sadly I haven't been able to arrange a trip this year (was going to be a mini stag do), mainly due to my best man forgetting he had a two week trip booked with his wife and kids...

However I will be visiting some of my fiances relatives in France (she is half French) and staying in Le Mans on the 26th May. I appreciate that its the week before test day etc but are there any bits that I would be a fool to miss, we have a car and are planning to spend the day there.

Any restaurant tips for the evening would be great as well :-)

Next year I'm hoping to make it to the great race!!
As Simon says, the museum is well worth a look. You can also drive round a decent amount of the track, and doing so outside of race week is always more pleasurable - in that the run down to Indianapolis/Arnage is open (and spectacular in the it reminds you how narrow and windy the track is there) and the run to Mulsanne can be done without having to worry about vast hordes spilling into the carriageway.