View Single Post
Old 28 Feb 2011, 23:28 (Ref:2838195)   #50
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
I would assume that the entity running the non-MSNZ series would take out comprehensive insurance cover. Our club run a number events under MSNZ but we have been advised by our insurance broker that if we ran an event outside of MSNZ, cover would be readily available and reasonably affordable. From memory an cover extension covering injury or death of officials (plus other things) was a premium of about NZ$330.
I would think the Supertourer guys have worked out that despite what MSNZ infer, MSNZ (and FIA) doesn't hold a monopoly over motorsport in New Zealand.
Well this is just what NZ motorsport needs right now(NOT).
the cars look great and is needed for the future but surely it needs to be done with the all factions working together.we have small f/ford.gt3 porsche and production/mini fields this year trying to support nz V8, with utes and suzuki numbers only acceptable.
I remember the Abbott inspired TV winter series for fords and tranzam lites many years ago.ZERO crowds and TV only which eventually died as drivers realised they couldnt just put TV coverage to sponsors and guarantee backing.(i ran a number of cars back then).
Crowds this year at Tier 1 have been very average to say the least and i dont believe the quality of racing is to blame,and now we can dilute the scene even more by splitting the NZV8 ranks--i dont think 13 or 14 of the current cars is going to cut it next season.Porsche looks like its all over for the time being and formula ford is hanging by its finger tips.
having seen a lot of tier 2 and below events this season its not all rosy there either numbers wise!!.
So maybe we can look forward to 12 or 13 oversize club meetings covering a 12 month period.
From all accounts there seems to have been a major convergence of EGO's with the whole new car project which isnt resolved and probably wont be.