View Single Post
Old 18 Sep 2006, 13:49 (Ref:1712926)   #4
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On Saturday Kim Kingham was involved in a heavy shunt after apparently dropping a wheel on the grass. The OMS arrowed accross the track and struck the armco. The impact tore off the front wheels and the car eventually came to halt some distance away thankfully still the right way up. The rescue unit were on the scene in seconds and thanks to the assistance of one of the competitors, an off-duty orthopaedic surgeon, Kim was stabalised. The car had the top of the monocoque cut off so as to get Kim out as she had suffered two broken ankles. The air ambulance then arrived and Kim was air lifted to Lincoln. On Saturday she underwent an operation to pin the worst of the breaks and will remain in hospital whilst treatment on the other ankle is completed. It is hoped that she may well be transferred to a hospital nearer home later this week.

As Observer on post 1/13 (finish line) where this awful accident happened I would like to take this oppertunaty to offer best wishes and a speedy and full recovery to both Kim and her partner.

I would also like to thank the rescue crew for their outstanding responce and professional attitude in dealing with the incident knowing that the crew consisted of a few trainee's. Also I would like to thank the marshals who came from other posts to assist with screens and clearing the track.

I was not at Cadwell on Sunday but wish the other driver well.