View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2014, 11:02 (Ref:3399973)   #41
mythoughtsareracing
Racer

United States
Houston Area
mythoughtsareracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmythoughtsareracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Thanks for the post and photos. What was your opinion of the race?
I didn't know what to expect from wet-weather racing at Barber, since there was no precedent for that with IndyCar.
Aside from Power's off and Saavedra's ill-fated tire strategy (I'm sure they were banking on more cautions in the not-quite-dry conditions), it was relatively normal and a good race, albeit not the best racing we've seen at Barber. I speculate that the transition from wet to dry conditions created a good deal of tentativeness in the drivers in order to preserve equipment and/or allow others to make their mistakes.

I didn't get to see the Bourdais incident other than a quick replay on a video board (the DVR didn't record any of the race). I understand the penalty call may have been unwarranted, as it could easily have been a racing incident.

I'm not a RHR fan, so I can't say I was pleased to see him get a win, but I will acknowledge that the had a fine drive and certainly deserves the W.