Thread: Panis
View Single Post
Old 24 Jun 2004, 23:51 (Ref:1015387)   #17
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Panis never seems to have been spectacular, and has never quite managed to join the elite of F1 drivers, but to have been around for so long and still be getting a (relatively) competitive drive he's certainly doing something right. I suspect the difference is in the elements of his job that aren't quite so obvious to the fans. I imagine he's providing invaluable input to the Toyota technical team in helping them to develop the car, even if it's just by being a damn good test driver who can tell his engineers precisely what's going on with his car.

I did think his little lunge at Sato at Indy was a bit out of order though. Not too serious, but worthy of a friendly chat from Charlie Whiting along the lines of now, Olivier, you should know better than that at your age...