View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 2010, 10:58 (Ref:2703771)   #183
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I would like to think that something approaching a common sense arrangement regarding either new Pescarolo chassis or rights to create a derivative work could be arrived at between Nicolet and Pescarolo.

I can see the logic in Oak buying the IP rights to the Pescarolo 01, given the seriousness of their LMP2 effort and presumably their interest in continuity of supply of parts and development on the car, but would have thought that they'd see the benefit in another team running the car for development purposes. Equally, given the amount of respect for the Pescarolo marque that comes through from everything Oak are saying I really don't get the impression they're minded to be overly avaracious in defending what's now their IP.