View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2024, 17:22 (Ref:4203182)   #57
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having watched the extended highlights reel on youtube, I can say it felt a bit odd to see all of these houses instead of cheering fans in the stands. From that video, you did not get any impression on whether the attendants of the event were happy with it or not, as they may or may not have watched from their own private balconies. They say there were some tickets sold to fans. Wherever they may have been beside the track, they sure weren't visible in the footage. Did they have a good experience? Is it worth attending for the racing only, or rather for the business-to-business only?

From the video, I was not too fond of the heat format. If they go there again, I feel they should have a real race instead where everybody can show their craft. With this format and on a circuit as technical as this one, chances are very high a polesitter wins it when he gets a clean start.

I don't know what to think of the circuit yet. Does it provide good racing? Is it better than the current Detroit downtown layout? I hope it is because I still have not seen that one.

There seem to be some serious IndyCar aficionados among Thermal Club's residents, otherwise they would not have bothered about getting a race to their track. For this viewer from abroad, it is the same than watching footage from a real racetrack that is also too far away to attend. Are there better tracks out there in the US that they could race at instead? Sure, but as long as IndyCar cannot get those on their calendar (How about COTA?), Thermal does not take away a spot from anywhere else.