Thread: 2012 season
View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2011, 10:41 (Ref:2965461)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So it was you that pressed the "sell" button then!

I think it's fair to say that the major events are being directed at the mutli prepper/multi car teams. Perhaps the organisations see them as a better long term prospect. That in itself makes things like the Classic etc. less inviting for us minnows, but I've done that now and I don't currently plan on trying again.

So, whilst I agree that things are looking grim for the next year or two, I think people will start to look at other events such as CSCC, Equipe GTS, HSCC etc. that offer longer races at a lesser cost. Of course these series/championships are already pretty much full of regulars so it can only be a good thing for those organisations.