Thread: Tech Issue The Sound Of The V6 Turbo PU..
View Single Post
Old 22 Mar 2014, 19:16 (Ref:3383086)   #75
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
Shame I was hoping you were going to tell me where this "old hat" technology was used in road cars. I'd genuinely like to know if it is as it is certainly very different to Prius technology, just because both have a battery doesn't make them equivalent.
The Prius just uses a different flavor of the same fundamental hybrid electric petrol. There are others as well. The concept came to F1 very late in the day. Another thing... do we really think that the auto industry waits for the FIA to dream up some new F1 regulations before it can advance its road technology ? Are we now going to see a rush of manufacturers developing 1.6L V6 petrol turbo engines - complete with this flavor of hybrid - for their shopping trolleys ?

... sorry I did try to get back to the topic... of noise.