View Single Post
Old 19 Nov 2005, 00:03 (Ref:1464598)   #24
Pug620
Racer

United Kingdom
UK
Pug620 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In Fact what????? go on tell us the suspense is killing me!!

You can lock the pully on to the shaft with a speacial loctite compound without fitting the keyway (i did check all this out before speaking with the BRDA as they said it could not be done )

If all cars were put on the rollers and then sealed and the top power cars striped and inspected of each type then it would stop some of the rule bending but in four years of me racing i never got my car inspected or checked.

Referance the above check after talking to a guy at our machine shop he sugested that he could weld and remachine the keyway on the sproket and you would not be able to tell unless you measured it, so if they have been on the rollers then you would see a diffrent power curve which would make you look for a reason.

Even just simple things like checking for a LSD which some people have been running would not take a great effort to check ?

Just look at the Pug 205 rally challenge they check all the cars and usally its talent (and luck) that creates a winner as its all a level playing field.

Come on RSS and BRDA get it together with the rules and you could have meetings were you are turning away racers due to no space like a few years ago!!

Marty