View Single Post
Old 25 Mar 2024, 17:20 (Ref:4202743)   #912
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantagenet View Post
It was reported in Andrew Benson's article for the BBC that the 'paddock talk' was that this was an error by the pit crew in not retightening the calliper bolts after the post-quali check. But, I haven't seen any other reporting to this effect so apologies if this is spurious!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Verstappen complained about his brakes early on in FP3.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/26604...-early-on.html
thanks for the info guys!

so sounds like a set up issue then?

given that side of the garage's run of form, very uncharacteristic of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I'd be surprised that the team didn't have advance warning there was a problem (maybe they did?). They have sensors all over the place, but I imagine the thinking was "wind the brake balance forward a bit and see if that helps".
right! the amount of heat generated by the brakes through those few corners/laps must have been massive. or maybe not so much the heating up but also why they were not subsequently cooling down?

even though it all happened very quickly, one would think, as you suggest, lots of sensors must have been going off.