View Single Post
Old 22 Feb 2011, 13:26 (Ref:2835180)   #954
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder where that leaves Martin--I don't really follow DTM, so is he retiring or doing something else within Audi or has he left Audi or has gone to another Audi team?

Promoting Rocky to the Abt team to be Ekstrom's teammate is probably a consolation prize/payback from Audi Sport as Audi couldn't get a deal worked out for him in the ILMC, just as being part of the LM driving squad last year was a payback for Rocky always being saddled with a year old car in DTM the past couple of years.

I think that being with the top Audi DTM team this year and being part of the LM winning team last year was probably to make up for Audi's plans not always working out with Rocky.

Either way, I think that Audi or Peugeot will be spoiled for choice, especially for Audi for a driver to replace Dindo after he retires after LM. Maybe Rocky will run for Audi in the ILMC (or maybe the ALMS if there are plans for that, which is at best uncertian) next year, or this new guy if he's fast. He has GT car experience, and it seems that Dindo has been tutoring him as well.