View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2010, 10:14 (Ref:2673053)   #90
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quick recap, if it helps, of the Commodores I think were seen in the BTCC and ETCC/European rounds of the WTCC in 1986-8 (I'll leave out the cars seen at the Australian/NZ WTCC rounds to save confusion)

1986:
Mobil HDT- 1x VK for Brock/Moffatt in early-season ETCC rounds- last seen at Spa, where a second car also appeared. One of these ran as a GM Dealer Sport entry for Cleland/Woodman at the TT in Spetember
Roadways/Allan Grice- white car used by Allan Grice with various codrivers for much of the ETCC season- Badly shunted at Hockenheim and rebuilt, for sale by mid/late-season, then becomes the O'Brien BTCC car for 1987

1987:
Allan Moffatt/Rothmans: single ex-Brock VL appeared in early WTCC rounds and Spa before the budget ran out- think this went back to Australia?
Michel Delcourt/Serge Power?- single VL seen at some WTCC rounds- Spa and the TT at least
Jeroen Hin/Playboy- single VL appeared at the Zolder ETCC round early-season and Spa. Leased by Vic Covey/Andrew Jeffrey for the TT.
Brock/HDT/Mobil- brought a single VL over for Spa
TWR- at least a couple of blue/yellow VLs- intended for the WTCC, but only one race appearance- single car at Nurburgring
Alan Docking Racing- single ex-Grice VK for Mike O'Brien in the BTCC

1988:
TWR- single 'Evolution' spec car eventually appears at the aborted Birmingham BTCC race and the TT, before being shipped to Australia for Bathurst
Alan Docking Racing- single ex-Brock 1987-spec VL in the BTCC for Mike OBrien- updated to the 1988 TWR-spec once it's finally homologated around August

Is that all of them (I'm leaving out any only seen in rallycross, Thundersaloons or anywhere else outside the BTCC/ETCC/WTCC, or only raced in Australia)

Last edited by chunterer; 15 Apr 2010 at 12:25. Reason: couple of amendments in Italics for your help KA