View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2013, 17:48 (Ref:3235883)   #1336
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I'm not sure the value of the drivers can be over-estimated in the case of Porsche. How many 24 hour races have Bernhard and Dumas completed between them?

Yes, many of Toyota's drivers have spent time with Peugeot before, but still, most of them are relatively inexperienced endurance racers compared to Audi and Toyota. This is invaluable in a sport where experience is a massive part of the game. It's the difference between drivers who can say what they need and the drivers who can say what needs to be done.

Their experience as GT drivers should also reduce the risk of crashing and losing time in traffic, because being there and doing that themselves means they can read the backmarkers better.

I expect to see a Porsche LMP1 car finish Le Mans in 2014.

Romain Dumas y Timo Bernhard won many overall races in ALMS with Porsche RS spyder. I think they have an overall victory at the 12 Hours of Sebring. I remember many great battles between them and the Audi R10, the last hour of Petit Le Mans 2007 was one of them.