RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8smoker
I never said HMS had 70hp more.
03 04 SBR didnt have that much more power they just got onto the straight better
How do you know that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowndesfan6
Their cars gain about 3 car lengths on the straights.
See this is why I said people need to watch a bit more carefully. You made that up from an idea in your head - the cars do not gain 3 car lengths on straights. Watch the distance carefully in on board shots. You're seeing what you want to see. Cars naturally spread out as they go faster - a 1 second gap at 250 km/h is larger in distance than at 100 km/h.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
If the HRT cars don't have more power they wouldn't be putting in the times they are. Power is everything in this series as everything else is so controlled. From Tyres to Diff Ratios and Gearboxes, it is controlled so power is really the only area where anybody can get a clear advantage.
Again you're just making a proclamation. You have no evidence for that. Its like saying if FPR didn't have wheels on their cars they wouldn't be doing the times they are.

I don't think HMS have the same or less horsepower than others. I just don't think its a huge variance. Its very easy just to say "well they have more power, what can we do?".