View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 2005, 11:20 (Ref:1478825)   #22
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
No I think this is a great idea in my opinion and as for the comment about a championship for one makes to go there are plenty already and was one of the reasons we started the ModProds and with the new Class E they will have a place there. In fact I would look at doing something like this in the future.
But the "big money boys" who the BARC are hoping to tempt into Production Saloons first of all have to be tempted out of Britcar Prod S1 where they get a lot of track time for their money, etc... and IF they join in, once a car is too old, it'll be discarded, which is when you 'hope' that someone will pick it up and run it in Class E ModProds. If it's a VW, it'll most likely end up in the VW Cup with the TOCA package, if it's a Suzuki, it'll probably end up as a rally car, etc.. etc.. etc.. Al, the real reason you started ModProds is that the old Road Saloons regs were too restrictive, then came Super Road Saloons, which split the masses again, that's dead, now there's Hot Hatches allowing bigger multi-valve cars in... it's a case of too many championships vying for the same competitors - the modified road-going saloon of around 1600 to 2000cc.

Like you say Al, there seems to be no room in this new series for the bigger cars, like the Monaro, but I guess it's to keep the M3's out, and the costs that go with that sort of car. If that's the case, just put a rule in, "No M-series BMW's", if it's not eligable, it don't race!

Still, the world of motorsport in the UK needs a cull, drastically. Simple solution. Disband the BRSCC!!

And SS - old one-makers go in the Eurosaloons, or ModProds or TRC or DDMC Northern Sports/Saloons, or Combe, or SEMSEC, or Welsh Sports & Saloons, or BARC NW K&N Sports & Saloons, or into Scotland or lots of other homes.

The championship should be allowed to run as a "cup" for one season (2007) and if the crowd figures don't increase (ie: the viewing public are not interested), then it should be replaced with something more exciting or just canned. S*d the competitors feelings, we need crowds, big crowds, we are a sport putting on an entertainment and should not forget it over some whim of "oooo lets do Production Saloons *again* & *again* (ad infinitum)

Now who moved my ladder so I can get off of this high horse.

Rob