View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2011, 04:13 (Ref:2928799)   #308
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Good concept and I'd go. But isn't that pretty much what should have been on offer at Tier 1. Surely the best thing would have been installing the NZST class as the new "Premier" class and running the NZV8's separately, almost as a feeder class. If you can fund the move up, great. Otherwise stay with your current NZV8 as it seems a number still want to do. I suspect one of the major causes for the split was the goings-on with the dynamic duo at TMC amongst other things, but that's a whole new thread really. So once again, isn't the controlling element money?
Money, power, control, not always bad things. Competition improves the breed often. NZ motorsport I think needs a bit of a jolt.

I've been to race meetings around the world, the ones I've been to in NZ, including Tier 1, have been a bit flat or low key. I'm not saying it's bad, just that a lot could be done on marketing and promotion to take it to another level. People have disagreed with me in the past, but I think more could be done to create a better show that will draw TV and crowds to the track.

V8 Supercars has been successful in doing that, often before V8SC you'd draw 5000 people to a race. They put on a good show and event and it brings people in.

You go to any town that has a Nascar race, year round and you will have no doubt there is a track nearby and a Nascar race every year.