View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 2012, 07:21 (Ref:3141844)   #57
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by REALIST View Post
I think you overstate the value of a trip around McLaren headquarters.

Let's face it, BARC FR has everything that this formula has and a lot more in terms of a carbon tub and proper damping system etc.

But of course, it is BARC FR not MSVR FR, isnt it?
I don't quite see it like that.

What BARC Renault hasn't had so far this year (or any year) is decent promotion in terms of TV coverage and all the various PR added value that, like it or not, Palmer is extremely good at. This is a shame as this year's racing has been outstanding and I'm looking forward to the "grand final" being live on the BTCC programme on ITV4.

I don't see how not having a carbon tub matters at all, although I would have preferred adjustable dampers, but I assume RF was given a "target price" to build to and something had to give? There's nothing "improper" about the sealed damping system though imho, it's just not ideal.

In the end it will be the customer who decides, were I a less than super rich father of a son or daughter wanting to start a career in single-seaters I think I'd be daft not to seriously give this a look.

I think the super rich will still side-step this series rather than risk competing on a level playing field unfortunately but that is a matter that can really only be addressed by the MSA through the licensing system.