Thread: Beijing thread
View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 2006, 10:21 (Ref:1762562)   #24
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was an absolute farce. They tried to run the practice session twice but on each occasion on the first lap more than one car failed to make the hairpin and blocked the track. In the paddock all of the teams were shaking their heads and saying 'what a joke".

Hopefully Chinese motorsport authorities will finally put aside their false pride and be embarrased enough to realise that they should use expert consultants and cannot do everything on their own. The vast majority of people in both F1 and A1 hate China. I hate to think what the Olympics will be like if they keep stuffing up like this...

Sadly the A1GP ticketing department don't get high marks either. After buying a three day ticket almost a month ago it only got delivered last night. Not only that, it was only valid for Sunday! I was not amused to turn up at the circuit today and not be able to get in, have no idea where to go or how to find the right gates.

Put two monkeys together and you get a circus I suppose!

On a brighter note I very easily walked into the paddock and got lots of great shots (after being fed up at not being able to get to the grandstand where I was supposed to be!). Will share some images later.