Thread: Used car help
View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2007, 20:08 (Ref:1828882)   #12
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not surprisingly you completely miss the point.

I wasn't entirely considering the extra performance (though an MR2 is a serious handful in the hands of a novice). What I meant was whatever car you buy for two grand, you'd be ill advised to insure it 3rd party fire & theft. Because sooner or later you may have a fault accident and see your pride and joy carted off to a scrapyard without getting a penny back. Unless you really are a committed petrolhead, you really wouldn't want to take that risk - and hence you'd buy a cheaper car to insure and get comprehensive cover.

He hasn't even said he wants a performance car yet...

As for your second para - how does having a machine telling you where speed cameras are make you less likely to crash? Your first car is a Supra, you obviously like "using" it, and yet you haven't been on a trackday? Remind me to steer well clear of all Supras in Dorset - with that power and no training or experience (and I suspect very little restraint) you're an accident waiting to happen.