View Single Post
Old 8 Mar 2012, 03:51 (Ref:3036804)   #24
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Emphasis added.

Therein lies the problem. The dollar hasn't always been high, and when it was more favourable to exports, what did Ford Australia do - SFA! Not saying it was Ford Australia's fault, I don't know, but we all know the end result.

I don't really care now what they replace it with. I think the Facon brand is being left to wither away so that the new car will get clear air ...

And given we are talking about clothing a spaceframe, it doesn't matter anyway.
That's right, nothing. Or not much of anything Ford Australia did or Ford did. At least if Ford designs a platform in Australia, it can be replicated in a production line elsewhere, just like Ford produces Mondeos and Fiestas around the world. But the Falcon is a dead end design that doesn't really do much good for the rest of the company designed the way it is.

So there is no way for the Falcon to survive unless it goes global. There is no point in Ford designing a large rear wheel drive sedan for only a few markets.