Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 19 May 2024, 14:46 (Ref:4209514)   #1
Uncle P
Rookie

Uncle P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Walbro carburetor on Vortex 100cc issue

Hello everyone,

as quite new to go karts, i got a bit stunned by my problem. I started my engine, with starter, my Vortex have clutch, and engine turned on, I leave it on the minimum for a while, like a minute or so and then hit a bit of throttle and notice that there is air in the tube, i just put new fuel tube from fuel tank to carburetor, then i lower the tube so all air did go to the carburetor and soon, fo course silly me, engine turn off!! Now I can't start it anymore..... Is there a way to leak air out of carburetor on go karts?? (Dumb questions, I know.)

My hands are pain for how long I did try to start it.
Also, how to empty air from the fuel hose in the future??

Thank you for your help.
Old 20 May 2024, 04:45 (Ref:4209625)   #2
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't know the Walbro carburettor as used on the Vortex can you post a photo?

Sounds like a fuel pump issue. I used Walbro on the TKM karts, it had a diaphragm fuel pump inside it. Is yours similar? If so it sounds like a strip down and rebuild is necessary. If not there may be a separate fuel pump. Does the engine run if you blow fuel from the tank via the overflow bottle pipe?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 20 May 2024, 12:37 (Ref:4209665)   #3
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe the Walbro carb is very similar to the Tillotson .
They use a diaphragm to pump fuel powered by crankcase compressions .
When the Diaphragm gets a bit worn it does not pump very well and lets air through into the fuel side .

So have a look for a diaphragm .
Old 21 May 2024, 14:03 (Ref:4209843)   #4
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Can you find some good reading here? https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...ghlight=walbro