Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 5 Jun 2011, 00:38 (Ref:2891271)   #1
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boys willl be Boyz. Busch has a Hissy Fit

In case you missed the Truck race in Kansas today. There apparently was an altercation re: Richard Childress and Joey Coulter Throw Punches At Kyle!
The real story here: http://tinyurl.com/3pk3dgu
Old 5 Jun 2011, 01:25 (Ref:2891278)   #2
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Gotta love that story as a diehard anti-Busches fan. I never root actively against anyone or any team in sportscar or F1 racing, want my teams to do well but not gonna hope for a wreck or breakdown just to move up in the field; but I actually find myself hoping that either or both Busches blow engines or get blocked in their pit stall about every time I catch a nascar race. Have hoped a slow driver got under one of them on a road course and spun them out but always off into the gravel, don't need people getting hurt (well on track, getting your face punched in in the pits is fair game).

Actually I will admit I've rooted against Robby Gordon at times, but that's for the same petulant nonsense the Busches seem to like to do, but at least Gordon leaves it on the track most of the time.
Old 5 Jun 2011, 02:05 (Ref:2891283)   #3
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know, he said he was a changed man. That lasted until like....Charlotte. I like Kurt though and defended Kyle alot in the past, but lately, they're doing nothing to win people over.

The bright side is that there will always be someone more booed than JPM, because he doesn't deserve the senseless booing (racism?) from the fans at the track.
Old 5 Jun 2011, 02:53 (Ref:2891286)   #4
Holt
Veteran

United States
Holt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently Childress landed a couple of punches on Busch's face and shoved him down. Props to Busch for not fighting back against the 65 year old Childress. He could have pullled a Pedro Martinez who fought back against a 72 year old Zimmer but didnt.
Old 5 Jun 2011, 10:27 (Ref:2891410)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Let me guess Childress wil get a $1000 fine and that's it. They should ban him for the rest of the season.
Old 5 Jun 2011, 11:29 (Ref:2891435)   #6
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Them fellows remind you of the fabulous "bodines". lol That behavior is getting boring. Lay him out already.
Old 5 Jun 2011, 16:08 (Ref:2891556)   #7
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, now that more of the story has leaked out, it seems that Childress went well out of line attacking someone from behind when he (Kyle) was headed somewhere (his coach? Hauler?). Yes, Busch does hit drivers on the cool down laps, but the irony is that Harvick, an RCR driver, does it just as much.

Seriously, the fact that RC wouldn't even give an interview about this makes him look even worse.
Old 5 Jun 2011, 18:20 (Ref:2891618)   #8
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cheap shot or not from Richard, I'd be willing to bet that just about everyone in all three series have wanted to beat Kyle's ass at some point. Seems that Richard has just gotten tired of his shenanigans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDuttuq_Noo

^Granted, what was shown on Sportscenter last night looked very tame from both Kyle and Joey. From this, Kyle had absolutely NO REASON to go rub someone on the cool down lap, IMHO. I think Richard just snapped and probably should be punished. Maybe, just maybe, Capt. Snothead will think twice about knocking into another RCR car.
Old 5 Jun 2011, 18:45 (Ref:2891638)   #9
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sometimes people need a bit of a smack around the ears to keep them grounded
Old 6 Jun 2011, 17:02 (Ref:2892302)   #10
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting take. I have to say I like the idea.

Quote:
06/06/11 Busch should file criminal charges against Childress NASCAR Sprint Cup team owner Richard Childress should be ashamed of himself.

He tackled Kyle Busch after the Camping World Truck series race at Kansas Speedway on Saturday and struck him in the face after putting him in a headlock as a result of Busch’s contact with RCR’s Joey Coulter during the cool-down lap.

Let’s get this straight right away: Childress — owner of Richard Childress Racing — is a 65-year-old man who knows very well that he had 26-year-old Busch in a no-win situation.

If Busch fights back he is seen as picking on a senior citizen and if he doesn’t — as he did not at Kansas — he is seen as a somewhat wimpish.

Well it says here that he is neither. Busch did the right thing by not fighting back against an elderly man more than twice his age.

Busch told SPEED TV that he was walking to his motor coach when confronted by Childress.

“There was an incident in the Truck Series garage, as I was leaving my hauler on my way out to the motor home lot,” Busch said. “Unfortunately, (there) was an altercation between myself and Richard, and NASCAR’s looking into it to decipher all the facts of what happened and everything and make a decision based on all that.”

NASCAR must punish Childress severely for his boorish — bordering on criminal — behavior.

That punishment is expected to come Monday after NASCAR president Mike Helton put all the blame for the incident on Childress in a statement Sunday.

“We’ve concluded that the driver of the No. 18 truck, Kyle Busch, did nothing to provoke or to cause the reactions that, in our opinion, would have violated probation,” Helton said. “He did nothing that would have warranted the actions of Richard Childress.”

As an interim measure Helton banned Childress from pit lane for Sunday’s STP 400, but that was really just a slap on the wrist.

Could you imagine what the NBA or NHL would do if one of its team owners came down from the stands and pounded on one of the players.

A $1-million fine in this case might not even be enough. Maybe take 43 points — the equivalent of a race win — from each of his NASCAR teams would be a suitable punishment.

Childress should in fact be contacting Busch to thank him for not seeking to have the RCR owner charged with criminal assault, something Busch — to his credit — said he would not pursue. Toronto Sun
Old 6 Jun 2011, 22:49 (Ref:2892494)   #11
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
pfft how long do you need to put up with childish behavior on the part of Kyle Busch before you are allowed to smack him one?

My dad once told me "you need to have an accident early in your driving career, otherwise you get too cocky and when you do have an accident you will kill yourself".

maybe someone should have given Kyle a clip over the ear a lot earlier
Old 6 Jun 2011, 22:51 (Ref:2892495)   #12
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From Jayski:

Quote:
UPDATE 4: NASCAR has fined owner Richard Childress $150,000 and placed him on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31 for violating Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing  involved in an altercation in the garage area) of the 2011 NASCAR rule book. The violation occurred following the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race June 4 at Kansas Speedway. The probation includes all NASCAR-sanctioned events.
STATEMENT FROM NASCAR: "The penalty we have announced today for Richard Childress reflects NASCAR's response to the incident at Kansas Speedway on Saturday. We feel this action is appropriate and are confident all parties involved understand our position on this matter and will move forward appropriately."(NASCAR)
Statement from Childress: "First of all, I'm responsible for my actions, plain and simple. As you know, I am a very principled person and have a passion for what we do at Richard Childress Racing. I believe passionately in defending my race teams and my sponsor partners. In this instance, I let that passion and my emotions get the best of me. I accept the penalty NASCAR announced today and, as a company, we will now focus on this week's races at Pocono Raceway and Texas Motor Speedway."(RCR)(6-6-2011)
Old 6 Jun 2011, 23:00 (Ref:2892504)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Childress should have had one of his staff do the work. You know the type, no neck, wide body, strong as an ox. And knows how to smackdown

Seriously... Mr Busch picking on a pensioner... C'mon
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 Jun 2011, 23:03 (Ref:2892505)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
^Interesting statement from Richard. I hope he thinks a couple of shots at this jerk were worth $150K.
Quote:
If Busch fights back he is seen as picking on a senior citizen...
The senior citizen could probably hold his own against the 26 year bean pole. What a knock on seniors!

And for the record, I don't think this will be the last time someone takes a shot or two Kyle.
Old 7 Jun 2011, 00:39 (Ref:2892538)   #15
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The bad thing is I think this will convince Kyle he did NOTHING wrong both on and off the track. “We’ve concluded that the driver of the No. 18 truck, Kyle Busch, did nothing to provoke or to cause the reactions that, in our opinion, would have violated probation,” Helton said. “He did nothing that would have warranted the actions of Richard Childress.” While that doesn't say Helton feels Kyle's actions on track were ok, no mention of the on track actions being over the line, but not deserving of off track reactions, makes NASCAR seem they don't really care about endangering another's life only about endangering his marketable face.
Old 7 Jun 2011, 01:43 (Ref:2892559)   #16
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I love how this is considered "detrimental to stock car racing." It's like the big ups at NASCAR have never been to a local short track.
Old 7 Jun 2011, 02:05 (Ref:2892563)   #17
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I love how this is considered "detrimental to stock car racing." It's like the big ups at NASCAR have never been to a local short track.
You hit on a sad part of their (NASCAR's) "new direction"; they are doing just about everything they can to distance themselves from the "short-track" crowd and mentality.
Old 10 Jun 2011, 09:38 (Ref:2894986)   #18
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
The bad thing is I think this will convince Kyle he did NOTHING wrong both on and off the track. “We’ve concluded that the driver of the No. 18 truck, Kyle Busch, did nothing to provoke or to cause the reactions that, in our opinion, would have violated probation,” Helton said. “He did nothing that would have warranted the actions of Richard Childress.” While that doesn't say Helton feels Kyle's actions on track were ok, no mention of the on track actions being over the line, but not deserving of off track reactions, makes NASCAR seem they don't really care about endangering another's life only about endangering his marketable face.
Thing is he didn't, especially in these days of "Boys have at it". Coulter was a bit harsh on him in the last corner, and Kyle rubbed up against him to show he wasn't all that impressed by it. I don't get why Childress went after him for such a minor incident. I watched the race on replay after hearing briefly about the altrecation, and I expected him to spin out Austin Dillon on the last lap battling for the lead or something like that. And throwing punches in pit lane is never an acceptable behaviour.