Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 27 May 2001, 20:14 (Ref:97415)   #1
Geva racing
Racer

Geva racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What Formula Ford needs...........

First of all, more competitve marquees. You have a dominant Van Diemen in England with the odd Mygale in sticking it's nose in. then there are the two Vector who could fly but often don't. The Ray needs a top team and a top driver to shine and be developed and the Jamun seems to be quite a reasonable car but again no-one dares to take it to the Slick 50 champonship. it seems that Formula Ford needs to get back into a club series because it really thrives when the small teams and marquees can upset the team once in a while.

The Festival needs to get a decent TV Coverage and the Slick 50 championship needs to get into the Toca Tour again.

Oh and by the way, who's going to win the Festival?
Old 28 May 2001, 08:24 (Ref:97686)   #2
LHR
Rookie

LHR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Dalghren will win the festival.

I think the main thing FF needs is better media coverage - a return to TOCA would be a start.

It's one of the most exciting formulas to spectate, many of the drivers are undoubtedly stars of the future, and the more reasonable budgets make for bigger grids, and more talent.

Long live FF!!!
Old 28 May 2001, 11:51 (Ref:97759)   #3
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It could do with a decent website - or is there one that I'm missing?
Old 28 May 2001, 13:31 (Ref:97794)   #4
LHR
Rookie

LHR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
apart from the presence on the powertour website, there doesn't seem to be an official one for british ff.

which is a shame, i reckon.
Old 28 May 2001, 15:10 (Ref:97848)   #5
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
outrageous more like!
Old 28 May 2001, 22:45 (Ref:98075)   #6
Gideon
Rookie

Gideon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's probably because the best URL, http://www.formulaford.co.uk got taken a long time ago.

This lovely domain name would probably be sold for a decent price (around £100K+ to go racing) but seen as Ford have no real interest in seeing their cars racing, because lets face it they don't tune or rebuild the engines themselves and worse still they don't even want to acknowledge the existence of Formula Ford 1600 (which just gets called FF1600), I doubt they'd ever want to spend money on a website about Formula Ford.

Shame because Ford in the US back a certain driver but somehow I just can't see Ford UK ever doing the same.
Old 29 May 2001, 12:06 (Ref:98305)   #7
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What we need is respect from powertour, they treet us like a clubmans formula even though half the F1 field are ford graduates.

At the weekend if it was F3 that had had 2 red flags before the race was half run they would have finished it but with us they tried to fob us off with a lie that they would run it at the end and then told us later that we had no chance so they they declared it not run.

We could do with a stronger voice, Richard Rodgers although a great organiser isnt strong enough to force powertour into giving us respect.
Old 29 May 2001, 17:54 (Ref:98427)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Interesting to hear the views of someone 'on the inside' so to speak. Would the Formula Ford guys welcome a return to the TOCA package ?
Old 29 May 2001, 20:37 (Ref:98495)   #9
Geva racing
Racer

Geva racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
power tour will never takeover first place in Racing Packages. that's reserved for TOCA. BTCC has always and always will be the best prime series any organizer can hope for. to be part of it's entourage brings along many positive consequences and it's safe to say that Powertour, how bold they may have been, is a failure. GT grids are down, Formula 3 is becoming more and more as a game of chance and the support series have to kneel in front of it's family fun philosophy.

Formula Ford needs recognition and it needs it know before the grids are destroyed.
Old 29 May 2001, 22:05 (Ref:98540)   #10
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally, i prefer Powertour than TOCA.

ps: what happend to all them formula ford websites anyway ?
i can't find any.

Woody.
Old 30 May 2001, 11:43 (Ref:98782)   #11
Flagman
Racer

Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Geva - have you been to a Toca meeting this year? - I thought we had turned up on the wrong weekend for the Oulton Park round - I've seem more competing cars in the paddock at a marshal's training day then they had at Oulton.

Would FF get treated any better by TOCA - the only thing that counts on that package is the BTC cars - 2 hours of practice for 9 cars at Oulton - absolutely bloody pathetic

BMP = Boring, Mediocre Pantomime/ Bloody Mindless Procession etc ( I had plenty of watching sod all that weekend )

The only reason FF gets so little track time at PowerTour meetings is that the drivers seem to think that there is more grip on the green stuff than the grey bit....

Last edited by Flagman; 30 May 2001 at 11:50.