Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Aug 2009, 10:36 (Ref:2527191)   #1
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anthony Reid returns......

In a 3rd Team RAC BMW.

Great news for the BTCC.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 10:54 (Ref:2527201)   #2
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic news - should be brilliant entertainment.

Reidy, Collard and Neal should create some fireworks - would be quite happy watching a race with just those 3 in really as its going to guarantee action and the way WSR have those cars going, the weight shouldn't make too much of a problem to get him up around Neal and the Airwaves boys once he is used to the car.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 11:38 (Ref:2527219)   #3
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fantastic, and I really hope he can find the budget to return next year too. He's quick and knows the team inside out.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 11:41 (Ref:2527221)   #4
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Superb. I'm glad WSR have recognised the need for 3 cars and then be able to get the funds in place to run the 3rd car. In some ways it highlights that Jelley isn't much support to Turkington.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 11:53 (Ref:2527234)   #5
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe a bit, but Dick Bennetts does say that 3 against 2 is an unfair fight. This makes it even.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 12:14 (Ref:2527249)   #6
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
In some ways it highlights that Jelley isn't much support to Turkington.
That was my first reaction. WSR needs a driver who can sacrifice his position to give Turkington a few more points or can take points off Gio, and that's something Jelley has never been in a position to do. Good call bringing Ried in now rather than waiting until the last meeting - the max ballast means that the first meeting for a new driver will be mostly a right-off.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 12:31 (Ref:2527260)   #7
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Great, any new cars is a plus.

Oh and I will be going on Sunday too.

Probably standing / sitting around Luffield, as I understand it they are using the National circuit.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 13:18 (Ref:2527285)   #8
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
That was my first reaction. WSR needs a driver who can sacrifice his position to give Turkington a few more points or can take points off Gio, and that's something Jelley has never been in a position to do. Good call bringing Ried in now rather than waiting until the last meeting - the max ballast means that the first meeting for a new driver will be mostly a right-off.
Reid to take care of Neal, while Jelley deals with Jordan in the lower reaches of the top 10?
Old 24 Aug 2009, 14:11 (Ref:2527302)   #9
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reading the press release again, it says Reidy is back for Silverstone, but unless I am missing something it hasn't got anything confirmed for Rockingham or Brands so far - hopefully thats just the way its worded and it won't be just a one-off. (I didn't read it properly the first time - oops)

Also I noticed this line, which I hadn't noticed before as I presumed it was down to WSR and RAC, but BMW have been helping out as well “Finally, we would like to thank BMW for their support in making this late entry possible.”
Old 24 Aug 2009, 14:50 (Ref:2527325)   #10
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Hmm. That story has been changed. It did originally say it was for the final 3 rounds.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 14:54 (Ref:2527326)   #11
F3L
Racer

F3L has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
First class. Cannot wait to see him head to head with Jason while what odds he and Matt Neal have a coming together. Will be sure to watch every minute.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 15:11 (Ref:2527334)   #12
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Hmm. That story has been changed. It did originally say it was for the final 3 rounds.
I guess they want to see how competitive he is before they commit him for the last two. If he isn't then they can find someone else.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 15:38 (Ref:2527351)   #13
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is fantastic news. Anthony Reid's a touring car legend on and off track. The series needs characters like him. Can't wait to see him back - hopefully there'll be some sparks flying between him and Matt Neal. AR has always been unconventional... even experimenting with a Saab engined Reynard in F3 back in the mid 1980s.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 16:30 (Ref:2527379)   #14
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Damn smart move. For WSR to keep their challenge they needed someone to support Turkington. I suspected Jelley was going to get booted, and maybe Priaulx would be dragged in to support him - being familiar with the BMW already, not being in contention for the WTCC title - and because BMW would very much like the marketing buzz that comes with being the BTCC champion.

I reckon Reid's just as good though - though he has no experience with the BMW.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 16:32 (Ref:2527382)   #15
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
That doesn't matter. The man can drive anything.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 16:42 (Ref:2527389)   #16
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reid back.. great.. He makes Collards look like an angel!

Now we will see the master at work at taking drivers off!

Well, that's what he is being paid to do!
Old 24 Aug 2009, 16:50 (Ref:2527393)   #17
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
You cynic!
Old 24 Aug 2009, 17:04 (Ref:2527399)   #18
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, but what you have to watch for.. while Reid is doing his best at keeping Gio behind him and Colin..

Plato wins every race and steals the title while nobody is looking........
Old 24 Aug 2009, 18:11 (Ref:2527432)   #19
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Fantastic news!
Old 24 Aug 2009, 18:30 (Ref:2527439)   #20
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sally View Post
Yes, but what you have to watch for.. while Reid is doing his best at keeping Gio behind him and Colin..

Plato wins every race and steals the title while nobody is looking........
Thats just what I was thinking.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 19:07 (Ref:2527459)   #21
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My reading of this is that BMW are providing some assistance to WSR running the third car and it is their direct involvment that has made this happen, WSR proberbly had the choice in drivers but it will be interesting to see if any more noticable BMW branding appears on the cars now.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 20:22 (Ref:2527492)   #22
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news...hopefully he will soon be confirmed for the brands hatch rounds...would be good to see him racing "live"
Old 24 Aug 2009, 20:24 (Ref:2527496)   #23
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby View Post
My reading of this is that BMW are providing some assistance to WSR running the third car and it is their direct involvment that has made this happen, WSR proberbly had the choice in drivers but it will be interesting to see if any more noticable BMW branding appears on the cars now.
I also think this means they helped out with the supply of parts to run the third machine?
Old 25 Aug 2009, 07:51 (Ref:2527719)   #24
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I remember Reid from his Nissan days. He was a clean racer from what I can recall, ok I remember a couple of bad incidents like his ram on Thompson at the last round in 1998 and his nudge on Rydell at Brands in the same year, but compared to some on the grid that year, he was quite tame.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 08:25 (Ref:2527733)   #25
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Then you must have forgotten "incidents" like these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHk3D2XhuTc

Move to 3:10. Not exactly tame...