Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Sep 2001, 11:13 (Ref:144328)   #1
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prost Gp To Make Announcement By Tuesday At The Latest!!!

From http://www.angelfire.com/ok4/badoer

10/09/01 PROST GP: "official statement by Monday afternoon, and not later than Tuesday"
We'll know if Luca Badoer is to take the place of Luciano Burti by tomorrow at the latest. Hurry up Alain - put us out of our misery! Here's what Prost spokesperson Virginie Papin had to say about the matter:
"Despite the rumors, nothing has been announced officially. It is fair though to say that Tomas Enge gave us entire satisfaction after his two day test at Magny-Cours. We have already said that Tomas is one of the drivers that could clinch the contract and replace Luciano Burti at Monza, but we have other possibilities. People talk about Luca Badoer or our test driver, and we have to admit that all these drivers have a chance to drive at Monza. Prost GP will more than likely release an official statement by Monday afternoon, and not later than Tuesday."
Old 10 Sep 2001, 16:16 (Ref:144461)   #2
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Oh well, Enge has the drive:

Enge to replace Burti

Tomas Enge will make his F1 debut this weekend, replacing Luciano Burti
The doctors have officially confirmed that Luciano Burti is able to be released from the Universtity Hospital in Liège and the Prost Acer team is extremely pleased to announce that Luciano will be back home today in his Monaco residence.

However Luciano, together with his family and the doctors, has informed the Prost Acer team that he decided not to take part in the Italian Grand Prix which will take place at the Monza track on Sunday, Sept 16th.

Luciano Burti : ”One of the first things I did after I left the hospital was to talk to my family and friends and tell them that I am not ready to be back to racing yet. But I will be the only person who knows when I should be back in a Formula One car. My family and friends understood and respected my decision, and I realised after this accident how important it was for me to be able to make this very personal decision and to share it with the people I love. If I am happy, I’ll be back racing and if I have a competitive car I’ll show the world what Luciano Burti is made of.”

The Prost Acer team wishes once again the best to Luciano and hope their official driver will soon be able to join them again. They perfectly understand Luciano’s decision and support him totally in his choice. Therefore, all necessary arrangements have been made to find a replacement for Luciano at the Monza race and the Prost Acer Team is happy to announce that they chose 25 year-old Czech driver Tomas Enge to race alongside Heinz-Harald Frentzen for the Italian Grand Prix.

Alain Prost - Prost Grand Prix President : “It is very important for us to know that Luciano is now definitely feeling well, and personally, I can only approve his decision to wait a little bit more before coming back in the car. I hope to welcome him back in the very near future, even if at the moment we still do not know how long it is going to be. Despite the sad circumstances, we can call ourselves very lucky as Luciano is on the way to recovering totally from his accident. As for the Italian Grand Prix, Tomas Enge will be driving for us in Monza. It is a fantastic opportunity to have Tomas racing with us. We have been watching him for a long time and he is one of the drivers we are thinking of for the future. Last week, as it had been planned for a long time, he tested with us at the Magny-Cours track and completed 120 laps without any problem. He showed how quick, reliable and professional he is, and I am sure he can do a very good job for our team at the Italian Grand Prix.”

Tomas Enge: “This is something I have been dreaming of for the last 6 or 7 years! Ten years ago, the situation in the Czech Republic kept us a million miles away from this level of motorracing. Today I am happy and proud to be the first Czech driver in Formula One. Everything came so quickly. After a good season in F3000, I had the chance to sign with the Prost Acer team to be their test driver for the remainder of the season and had a successful first test drive last week. I feel sorry that the opportunity to drive in Monza came about because Luciano suffered a terrible accident. I wish him all the best and hope he will soon be back where he belongs. I still can’t express how great it is for me to drive this car. I will try my utmost to do a good job for the team and to reward the confidence Alain Prost puts in me today.”

(from Planet-F1.com)
Old 10 Sep 2001, 16:26 (Ref:144466)   #3
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thats really good for enge!!!
Old 10 Sep 2001, 16:44 (Ref:144468)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
PROST ACER TO ALL PRESS FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

St Quentin en Yvelines, September 10th 2001

The doctors have officially confirmed that Luciano Burti is able to be released from the Universtity
Hospital in Liège and the Prost Acer team is extremely pleased to announce that Luciano will be back
home today in his Monaco residence.

However Luciano, together with his family and the doctors, has informed the Prost Acer team that he
decided not to take part in the Italian Grand Prix which will take place at the Monza track on
Sunday, Sept 16th.

Luciano Burti :

"One of the first things I did after I left the hospital was to talk to my family and friends and
tell them that I am not ready to be back to racing yet. But I will be the only person who knows when
I should be back in a Formula One car. My family and friends understood and respected my decision,
and I realised after this accident how important it was for me to be able to make this very personal
decision and to share it with the people I love. If I am happy, I'll be back racing and if I have a
competitive ca,r I'll show the world what Luciano Burti is made of."

The Prost Acer team wishes once again the best to Luciano and hope their official driver will soon
be able to join them again. They perfectly understand Luciano's decision and support him totally in
his choice. Therefore, all necessary arrangements have been made to find a replacement for Luciano
at the Monza race and the Prost Acer Team is happy to announce that they chose 25 year-old Czech
driverTomas Enge to race alongside Heinz-Harald Frentzen for the Italian Grand Prix.

Alain Prost - Prost Grand Prix President :

" It is very important for us to know that Luciano is now definitely feeling well, and personally, I
can only approve his decision to wait a little bit more before coming back in the car. I hope to
welcome him back in the very near future, even if at the moment we still do not know how long it is
going to be. Despite the sad circumstances, we can call ourself very lucky as Luciano is on the way
to recover totally from his accident.

As for the Italian Grand Prix, Tomas Enge will be driving for us in Monza. It is a fantastic
opportunity to have Tomas racing with us. We have been watching him for a long time and he is one of
the drivers we are thinking of for the future. Last week, as it had been planned for a long time, he
tested with us at the Magny-Cours track and completed 120 laps without any problem. He showed how
quick, reliable and professional he is, and I am sure he can do a very good job for our team at the
Italian Grand Prix. "

Tomas Enge : " This is something I have been dreaming of for the last 6 or 7 years ! Ten years ago,
the situation in the Czech Republic kept us a million miles away from this level of motorracing.
Today I am happy and proud to be the first Czech driver in Formula One. Everything came so quickly.
After a good season in F3000, I had the chance to sign with the Prost Acer team to be their test
driver for the remainder of the season and had a successful first test drive last week. I feel sorry
that the opportunity to drive in Monza came about because Luciano suffered a terrible accident. I
wish him all the best and hope he will soon be back where he belongs. I still can't express how
great it is for me to drive this car. I will try my utmost to do a good job for the team and to
reward the confidence Alain Prost puts in me today."
Old 10 Sep 2001, 16:59 (Ref:144475)   #5
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is great news for Enge! The first time a Czech driver will participate in Formula One, I'm really looking forward to it.

At the same time, I of course wish Luciano a speedy recovery.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 18:18 (Ref:144529)   #6
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
I reckon that Luca was offered the drive first, but turned it down - remember that he turned down drives at Sauber, Arrows and Prost at the start of the season. The Prost team is just not good enough for our Luca.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 21:34 (Ref:144638)   #7
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by badoer fan

Oh well, Enge has the drive:

Enge to replace Burti

Tomas Enge will make his F1 debut this weekend, replacing Luciano Burti
The doctors have officially confirmed that Luciano Burti is able to be released from the Universtity Hospital in Liège and the Prost Acer team is extremely pleased to announce that Luciano will be back home today in his Monaco residence.

However Luciano, together with his family and the doctors, has informed the Prost Acer team that he decided not to take part in the Italian Grand Prix which will take place at the Monza track on Sunday, Sept 16th.

Luciano Burti : ”One of the first things I did after I left the hospital was to talk to my family and friends and tell them that I am not ready to be back to racing yet. But I will be the only person who knows when I should be back in a Formula One car. My family and friends understood and respected my decision, and I realised after this accident how important it was for me to be able to make this very personal decision and to share it with the people I love. If I am happy, I’ll be back racing and if I have a competitive car I’ll show the world what Luciano Burti is made of.”

The Prost Acer team wishes once again the best to Luciano and hope their official driver will soon be able to join them again. They perfectly understand Luciano’s decision and support him totally in his choice. Therefore, all necessary arrangements have been made to find a replacement for Luciano at the Monza race and the Prost Acer Team is happy to announce that they chose 25 year-old Czech driver Tomas Enge to race alongside Heinz-Harald Frentzen for the Italian Grand Prix.

Alain Prost - Prost Grand Prix President : “It is very important for us to know that Luciano is now definitely feeling well, and personally, I can only approve his decision to wait a little bit more before coming back in the car. I hope to welcome him back in the very near future, even if at the moment we still do not know how long it is going to be. Despite the sad circumstances, we can call ourselves very lucky as Luciano is on the way to recovering totally from his accident. As for the Italian Grand Prix, Tomas Enge will be driving for us in Monza. It is a fantastic opportunity to have Tomas racing with us. We have been watching him for a long time and he is one of the drivers we are thinking of for the future. Last week, as it had been planned for a long time, he tested with us at the Magny-Cours track and completed 120 laps without any problem. He showed how quick, reliable and professional he is, and I am sure he can do a very good job for our team at the Italian Grand Prix.”

Tomas Enge: “This is something I have been dreaming of for the last 6 or 7 years! Ten years ago, the situation in the Czech Republic kept us a million miles away from this level of motorracing. Today I am happy and proud to be the first Czech driver in Formula One. Everything came so quickly. After a good season in F3000, I had the chance to sign with the Prost Acer team to be their test driver for the remainder of the season and had a successful first test drive last week. I feel sorry that the opportunity to drive in Monza came about because Luciano suffered a terrible accident. I wish him all the best and hope he will soon be back where he belongs. I still can’t express how great it is for me to drive this car. I will try my utmost to do a good job for the team and to reward the confidence Alain Prost puts in me today.”

(from Planet-F1.com)
;èæšžð
Old 10 Sep 2001, 21:37 (Ref:144639)   #8
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to everybody,my previous "post" is just a stupid mistake
Old 10 Sep 2001, 22:37 (Ref:144667)   #9
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As expected Enge got the drive.

Well Luca, I think Prost as well as any other drive is good enough for Badoer, he needs to race. But Ferrari, not him, are the opnes who dont want to allow him to race from what I know.
Old 11 Sep 2001, 00:05 (Ref:144707)   #10
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That sounds probable. I think Luca would jump at the chance of driving for Sauber, Prost or Arrows. Surely racing in Formula One - even if it is for a midfielder or backmarker team - beats testing any day?
Old 11 Sep 2001, 00:13 (Ref:144710)   #11
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Although I am a fan of Badoers, I'm not surprised that someone else got the drive, and considering Enge impressed the team with his pace at Magny-Cours, it was all quite academic. However, obviously he isn't worried about 2nd in F3000? But no-one remembers who finished second, do they!!!

As for Badoer, I think he'd better get out of that Ferrari testing contract soon and start racing again, otherwise he's going to end up stuck in that job forever, which I'm sure no-one really want to see.
Old 11 Sep 2001, 10:48 (Ref:144843)   #12
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
As for Badoer, I think he'd better get out of that Ferrari testing contract soon and start racing again, otherwise he's going to end up stuck in that job forever, which I'm sure no-one really want to see.
That's what I'm scared of happening, but Luca says that if he ever races in F1 again, he wants to race for a decent team.