Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 2 Mar 2006, 19:27 (Ref:1534853)   #1
Guffy
Racer

United Kingdom
Shap Cumbria
Guffy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andrew Jordan for Euro Debut

According to Autosport magazine Andrew Jordan will make his European Rallycross debut at the French round of the European rallycross championship at Mayenne in May(13-14) & will drive a Citroen C2
The drive is courtesy Citroen Sport which offers its 150bhp C2 challenge car to young & inexperienced rallycross drivers for 1 off events.
Old 3 Mar 2006, 14:00 (Ref:1535456)   #2
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
HrRACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck to him, he certainly has the contacts to make it!!
Old 3 Mar 2006, 21:21 (Ref:1535711)   #3
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good luck to young Andrew, he is certanly getting the drives. I think he will be at the top level in British motorsport for many years to come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffy
The drive is courtesy Citroen Sport which offers its 150bhp C2 challenge car to young & inexperienced rallycross drivers for 1 off events.
Young yes, but inexperienced

Last edited by silver bullet; 3 Mar 2006 at 21:35.
Old 3 Mar 2006, 23:15 (Ref:1535793)   #4
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck to andrew,there will be a champion there
in years to come,and he's got the right people
behind him lets hope all goes well.
Old 4 Mar 2006, 09:20 (Ref:1535985)   #5
bigdick1977
Racer

England
Swindon
bigdick1977 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck to Andrew, but how long will his sponsers let him stay in rallycross? Look what happened to Jonny Milner when he got some decent backing!
Old 15 May 2006, 16:17 (Ref:1610735)   #6
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Any news as to how Andrew did?
Old 15 May 2006, 16:30 (Ref:1610758)   #7
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote from team eurotech website.

"Jordan was contesting the opening round of the highly competitive French series at the Mayenne track alongside his British Rallycross Championship campaign.

In free practice, some car problems became apparent, but Will Gollop, who masterminds Andrew's British programme stepped in, and helped sort out the handling of the car.

With the handling considerably improved, Andrew was able to take a second place in his opening heat. Then, in the second heat he was leading until he made a mistake and lost the place. Determined to get back in front, he went for half an opportunity but that ended in both cars sliding into the gravel. "I learnt a little bit of French then! I think the other driver was telling me the French for "I'm going to prod you in the chest!" said Andrew.

He then went on to win his third heat on Sunday morning to qualify for the 'C' final. There, he came up against local hero Alexander Anne from the town of Mayenne, the younger brother of the French champion. However, Anne also has a reputation for being an aggressive racer.

"I got up to third, but he had already hit me a couple of times. Then we were side by side on the straight and he just kept moving over on me and was squeezing me towards the barriers," explained Andrew. "Just as I decided to back out of the situation, he tried to give me another shove and that spun him across my bows." His rival then hit the barriers, while Andrew was black-flagged and put out of the race.

"We were on the back foot a bit after the car problems in practice," said Andrew. "In the third heat, Anne is known as a bit of a bully, but I wasn't going to back out of it! I definitely learnt a lot and I learnt about the whole European Rallycross scene, so that was a good insight."

Andrew's father Mike missed the French trip as he was busy racing in the British Touring Car Championship. "I'm glad he's done his bit for Anglo-French relations," said Mike. "Joking apart, we'd like to thank Andre Pean, who runs the series, for giving Andrew such a warm welcome."

Andrew Jordan is supported by John Guest, Shell, Pirtek, Quaife Engineering and Bill Gwynne Rally School."
Old 16 May 2006, 06:37 (Ref:1611200)   #8
Dutch-RX
Rookie

Netherlands
Netherlands
Dutch-RX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See also ERC24.
Old 22 May 2006, 10:19 (Ref:1616139)   #9
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
PhergAthor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver bullet
Any news as to how Andrew did?
I was there, and as he got used to the car, Andrew showed some speed comparable with the rest of the field. What I liked most about him is the fact that he managed to overtake on a very tight track.

The black flag he received in the finals was actualy a race incedent. Cheers to him for having the balls to stay side to side on a section that only allows 1 raceline.