Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 15 Oct 2014, 15:12 (Ref:3465313)   #1
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WSbR pre-season test

Next week there will be the post-season-test from WSbR.

Who will test for which team?
- Jordan King for Arden
Old 15 Oct 2014, 18:35 (Ref:3465378)   #2
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only other confirmed driver I know of is Robert Visoiu (the Romanian currently in GP3 with Arden) who's testing with Pons Racing.

Oscar Tunjo's deal with Pons is also for the complete 2015 season as well, so I would assume he'd be there also.

My dream for next season would be to see Tom Blomqvist get a seat. I've followed his career since his Formula Renault UK days and I really rate him - his results/performances in the past few seasons have been top notch, especially when you consider the serious back injury he suffered back in 2011.

I'll be willing him on this weekend to hopefully nick second in the F3 standings ahead of a certain Mr Verstappen
Old 15 Oct 2014, 20:05 (Ref:3465406)   #3
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
de Vries? Will he be there? I would like to see Giovinazzi in FR3.5 next season along with Alex Lynn. They'd be at the front.
Old 15 Oct 2014, 20:16 (Ref:3465412)   #4
kotkot
Racer

Hungary
Budapest
kotkot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, De Vries's plan is to do FR3.5 next year, only the team is the question. Could be Fortec.
Old 18 Oct 2014, 11:53 (Ref:3466180)   #5
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British F3 Champion Martin Cao Hong Wei are seeking chance for WSR seat too,his first choice should be Fortec

Last edited by Monkey Head; 18 Oct 2014 at 12:02.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 23:34 (Ref:3466615)   #6
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Right, the 2015 WSR calendar has been revealed, and its good news for us Brits with the return of Silverstone!!

26/27 April Motorland Aragon, Spain
24 May Monte Carlo, Monaco
30/31 May Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
13/14 June Hungaroring, Hungary
29/30 August* Silverstone, Britain
12/13 September Nurburgring, Germany
26/27 September Le Mans Bugatti, France
17/18 October Jerez, Spain

TBC Red Bull Ring, Austria
* Date TBC

The Red Bull Ring round is FR3.5 only and is likely to support another series - the ELMS are racing there on the weekend of 11/12 July so it could well be then.

I'm personally not too sure about Le Mans Bugatti, and it's a shame we've lost Monza, but overall I'm pretty happy with it. And if Silverstone's date is confirmed, it just happens to be on the August bank holiday weekend too
Old 19 Oct 2014, 23:56 (Ref:3466618)   #7
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Also, our trusted old friend ItaliaRacing.net have posted a list of drivers due to test this week coming at Jerez:

DAMS Nyck de Vries
Fortec Luca Ghiotto & Egor Orudzhev
ISR Andrea Pizzitola & Gustav Malja
Draco Pietro Fantin & Bruno Bonifacio
Strakka Oliver Rowland & Nicholas Latifi
Pons Oscar Tunjo & Robert Visoiu
Lotus Charouz Nicholas Latifi & Alex Fontana
Tech 1 Richard Gonda
Zeta Corse Roman Mavlanov
Comtec Steijn Schothorst
AVF Beitske Visser
Arden TBA (Jordan King was previously mentioned)

It's not officially confirmed yet, but it looks likely that the series will be down to 12 teams/24 drivers from next season too.
Old 20 Oct 2014, 04:48 (Ref:3466650)   #8
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSR Fan View Post
Also, our trusted old friend ItaliaRacing.net have posted a list of drivers due to test this week coming at Jerez:

DAMS Nyck de Vries
Fortec Luca Ghiotto & Egor Orudzhev
ISR Andrea Pizzitola & Gustav Malja
Draco Pietro Fantin & Bruno Bonifacio
Strakka Oliver Rowland & Nicholas Latifi
Pons Oscar Tunjo & Robert Visoiu
Lotus Charouz Nicholas Latifi & Alex Fontana
Tech 1 Richard Gonda
Zeta Corse Roman Mavlanov
Comtec Steijn Schothorst
AVF Beitske Visser
Arden TBA (Jordan King was previously mentioned)

It's not officially confirmed yet, but it looks likely that the series will be down to 12 teams/24 drivers from next season too.
A bit surprised we don't have more people coming from F3 and GP3 yet. Though the F3 crowd is focussing on Macau right now.

From this early list of drivers I think it could be between De Vries and Rowland next year. Though of course we have to see where the likes of Gasly and Vaxiviere end up in the future.
Old 20 Oct 2014, 09:16 (Ref:3466709)   #9
Formulahistory
Veteran

Italiaracing.net also reports that De Vries will drive for DAMS in 2015.
Old 20 Oct 2014, 11:41 (Ref:3466743)   #10
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Right, the 2015 WSR calendar has been revealed, and its good news for us Brits with the return of Silverstone!!

26/27 April Motorland Aragon, Spain
24 May Monte Carlo, Monaco
30/31 May Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
13/14 June Hungaroring, Hungary
29/30 August* Silverstone, Britain
12/13 September Nurburgring, Germany
26/27 September Le Mans Bugatti, France
17/18 October Jerez, Spain

TBC Red Bull Ring, Austria
* Date TBC

The Red Bull Ring round is FR3.5 only and is likely to support another series - the ELMS are racing there on the weekend of 11/12 July so it could well be then.

I'm personally not too sure about Le Mans Bugatti, and it's a shame we've lost Monza, but overall I'm pretty happy with it. And if Silverstone's date is confirmed, it just happens to be on the August bank holiday weekend too
I'm glad Silverstone is there, but why hold a race on the same weekend as Le Mans?
Just hold it a week earlier/later surely?
Old 20 Oct 2014, 14:08 (Ref:3466777)   #11
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
Italiaracing.net also reports that De Vries will drive for DAMS in 2015.
And now confirmed by Autosport.

Very good signing indeed - with his history, form this season, McLaren-backing and a championship-winning team behind him, I see no reason why he can't challenge for the title next year.
Old 20 Oct 2014, 14:56 (Ref:3466789)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
I'm glad Silverstone is there, but why hold a race on the same weekend as Le Mans?
Just hold it a week earlier/later surely?
they did the same in 2013 with the moscow round - in practice aside from an armchair spectator point of view there's very little overlap between 3.5 and le mans except for the odd ambitious driver.

i'm trying not to find it amusing that 3.5 would probably end up on elms' circus after hosting them on their own. i bet it'll give the organisers no end of joy to listen to them moaning about being relegated to running out of awnings in the paddock after elms teams had to do the same (albeit with a weird live pitlane rule and a closed paddock) in 2013

i'm sad to see moscow missing next year, but i don't think it was quite catching on like they wanted it to. on the other hand, it's a shame they're not going to be able to ride any wave of enthusiasm generated by the first grand prix in sochi. it is stupidly expensive and a pain in the bum for the truckies in particular - they're away for 3 weeks, more if there's only a 2 week gap between it and another round and it's not really fair.
Old 20 Oct 2014, 16:07 (Ref:3466818)   #13
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A Trichlorostyrene View Post
A bit surprised we don't have more people coming from F3 and GP3 yet. Though the F3 crowd is focussing on Macau right now.

From this early list of drivers I think it could be between De Vries and Rowland next year. Though of course we have to see where the likes of Gasly and Vaxiviere end up in the future.
Yup my thoughts too, we won't see the new stars until after the F3 classic?

Is there a test early December at Ricard or Jerez?

I also think that in the case of one or two of the top guns like Ocon, Tom Blom, etc will they look to see if their main rivals set their sights on GP2 or 3.5 before taking the plunge?
Old 20 Oct 2014, 18:21 (Ref:3466861)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ocon's choice is between gp2 and 3.5, depending on how gravity (or whatever they call themselves now) feel about giving him the extra challenge and experience handling the tyre issue in gp2. i'm not sure it's got a great deal to do with the challengers, though you've got to think that if vandoorne goes to dams he's probably best off having a title run in 3.5.

if i was his driver manager i'd put him in 3.5, there's no point in rushing it given he's.... i nearly said "knee high to a grasshopper" as a euphamism for being young but clearly that's inaccurate given he's about 18 feet tall already i'm sure he could handle it, but what'd be the point? unless there's a guaranteed f1 drive for him with someone in 2016.
Old 20 Oct 2014, 18:28 (Ref:3466863)   #15
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sweet, Silverstone on the Sunday then cross-country to Cadwell for the BSB or up to Oulton for the Gold Cup on Monday.

Just like the FIA WEC weekend back in 2012.
Old 20 Oct 2014, 18:58 (Ref:3466878)   #16
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
ocon's choice is between gp2 and 3.5, depending on how gravity (or whatever they call themselves now) feel about giving him the extra challenge and experience handling the tyre issue in gp2. i'm not sure it's got a great deal to do with the challengers, though you've got to think that if vandoorne goes to dams he's probably best off having a title run in 3.5.

if i was his driver manager i'd put him in 3.5, there's no point in rushing it given he's.... i nearly said "knee high to a grasshopper" as a euphamism for being young but clearly that's inaccurate given he's about 18 feet tall already i'm sure he could handle it, but what'd be the point? unless ther1 he's a guaranteed f1 drive for him with someone in 2016.
The problem for 3.5 series, is the fact that races are only lasting 42 minutes against over one hour in gp2.

Also the characteristics of a 3.5 series are too close of a Formula 3 car. I don't know if Ocon will learn or progress as much as in gp2.

But let'see. It seems that the overall doxa on Ocon's future is that he will not end up in 3.5 series.

Motorsport Total , thinks also about a DTM seat with Mercedes.

In fact my bet, is a double programm like Vietoris did in 2011. Gp2+DTM.
Old 20 Oct 2014, 19:34 (Ref:3466891)   #17
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh please not. GP2 needs all the focus for him to be front runner.
Old 20 Oct 2014, 20:11 (Ref:3466908)   #18
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given Lotus' departure from the Renault fold, might it not seem a little ironic for Ocon to end up in RF 3.5?
Old 20 Oct 2014, 20:58 (Ref:3466921)   #19
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting, no GP3 drivers with Abu Dhabi not exactly close.
I have the feeling de Vries might not be the most impressive rookie even with DAMS.
Old 21 Oct 2014, 19:36 (Ref:3467160)   #20
jobdone
Racer

jobdone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I understand that Jake Hughes is testing for Strakka tomorrow as well.
Old 21 Oct 2014, 19:55 (Ref:3467164)   #21
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hughes looked very good in Eurocup testing and if the GP3 drivers aren't showing up then why not? He has bags of talent but imo underachieved this season. I reckon he'll be in the Eurocup next season and be at the sharp end
Old 26 Oct 2014, 10:34 (Ref:3468647)   #22
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jafaar will test with Dams at Morland.

Auer will also test at Motorland.
Old 26 Oct 2014, 10:53 (Ref:3468656)   #23
Formulahistory
Veteran

When will the test at Aragon be?

And is it known for which Team Auer will test?
Old 26 Oct 2014, 11:50 (Ref:3468668)   #24
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
When will the test at Aragon be?

And is it known for which Team Auer will test?
The test will be from Monday 3rd to Wednesday 5th November.

And with regards to Auer, it's not official but it looks like he could test with Arden, as that was the team he reportedly spent time with at the FR3.5 test last week in Jerez.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 10:07 (Ref:3469008)   #25
Formulahistory
Veteran

Thank you!