Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 May 2003, 03:11 (Ref:591868)   #1
Speeddemon555
Veteran

Speeddemon555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Biela escapes Major Crash.

Frank Biela was lucky last Sunday when his Audi R8 slid off the track and crashed into the barrier rear first at a 120 MPH at the Porsche Curves during LeMans practice. Beila explained that his car hit an oil slick on the track and there was no oil yellow flags waving. The U.K. Audi team will have to fix the R8 with Biela, McCarthy and Salo for the upcoming 24 Hours of LeMans race. The article can be found at the autosport website.
Old 7 May 2003, 05:39 (Ref:591923)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for the news, I hadn't heard about that. Guess I will when "AS" arrives in the mail tomorrow.
Old 7 May 2003, 11:53 (Ref:592272)   #3
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
a photo of it, back in the paddock

Attached Thumbnails
10.jpg  
Old 7 May 2003, 12:04 (Ref:592280)   #4
jpchenet
Rookie

jpchenet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can I change my predictions?? Did anyone else see the oil slick??
Old 7 May 2003, 13:33 (Ref:592374)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by bernard b
a photo of it, back in the paddock

Well that's a very rare sight indeed! Make the most of it boys and girls.....
Old 7 May 2003, 16:04 (Ref:592515)   #6
danhx
Racer

danhx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't seen an Audi that crumpled up since Kristensen wrote one off at Petit Le Mans 2001. At least this cars is repairable, though. When Kristensen smacked the wall he literally "broke" the chassis almost in two.
Old 7 May 2003, 16:28 (Ref:592542)   #7
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't really look at broken sportscars any more. Reminds me too much of the roll hoopless Audi sitting on a grass bank after Michele was killed.
Old 7 May 2003, 18:25 (Ref:592666)   #8
C_g
Racer

C_g should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by danhx
I haven't seen an Audi that crumpled up since Kristensen wrote one off at Petit Le Mans 2001. At least this cars is repairable, though. When Kristensen smacked the wall he literally "broke" the chassis almost in two.
I was standing about 50 meters from where he impacted the wall when it happened. It was a hard hit, but the tub was intact. Those Audis are built like Panzer tanks. Very scary accident though.

Later that day I was pelted with gravel from a Porsche that smacked the wall at 10a. I was touching the concrete wall it hit, felt it move a few inches, and got a armload of gravel on my back.

The worst shape I've seen an Audi is at the Nurburgring in 2k, and at Mosport, well, a couple times.

Glad Biela is OK on this one. The UK car should be competitive at Le Mans with him spearheading the team.
Old 7 May 2003, 22:02 (Ref:592947)   #9
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Im just glad that Beila is ok, he is a real charchter, someone who we need to have at Le Mans if u ask me.