Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Jan 2005, 00:20 (Ref:1206826)   #1
moss corner
Rookie

Canada
Canada
moss corner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My apologies - was "In-car 956 DVD"

Sorry about that last thread - did not mean to break any copyright rules or get anyone in trouble etc.
I just looking for something to trade for that is not available to purchase here in Canada, or even available to purchase worldwide for that matter - (bonus footage only on PAL not released in NTSC)
Anyways, newbie error, won't happen again.
Saw the DBR9 for it's only day in Detroit - stunning, just hope Brabs gets a full time drive ans that it makes the ALMS in 2006!
Old 22 Jan 2005, 00:54 (Ref:1206844)   #2
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
moss, again, where are you based?

BTW, the PAL dvd works in some brands of player. I have the dvd from Minigrid, and I've watched it successfully on three different players - all Apex brand, but I'm sure there are other brands that will be able to play PAL ones and decode them to NTSC TVs. (Chinese and European brands are good bets)

If you and I are close, I could send you something you could try out to see if your machine plays PAL...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 22 Jan 2005, 01:17 (Ref:1206857)   #3
moss corner
Rookie

Canada
Canada
moss corner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi paul,
I now live in London, moved from T.O. - however my brother lives in Toronto if that works as I'm often there.
I went to purchase the DVD from minigrid but the guy working the counter (not Scott) talked me out of it.
Would I need a tv that would read that signal or just a DVD that would convret/play it?
Old 22 Jan 2005, 01:30 (Ref:1206863)   #4
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Player. It just has to be able to understand PAL and you have to set it to explicitly have its output as NTSC (not "multi" which means "no translation").

PM me, I've got a test PAL DVD (a movie promo) I could mail you to test your machine. Scott gave it to me before he imported the In Car dvd for me.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James