Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Feb 2006, 09:39 (Ref:1526795)   #1
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A very sad story..condolences to the Mork family...

here

Quote:
Matthew Mork's father and friends warned him he'd kill himself if he bought a 1200cc super sports bike.

And just one day after buying the 300kmh Kawasaki Ninja on a $23,000 loan, the 22-year-old tragically proved them right, killing himself doing a "wheelie".

Now, three days after burying his son, racing driver Richard Mork, 58, is calling for a licensing clampdown to stop young people like his son - who had an appalling driving record - from being allowed to ride such powerful machines.

Matthew's funeral was held Friday in his home town of Londonderry, and he was buried in the same plot as his late mother at a cemetery in Rouse Hill.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 20 Feb 2006, 09:44 (Ref:1526801)   #2
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is a goddam shame, to loose someone so close, Richard is a great bloke and I feel for him as a fellow father.

Condolences to everyone
Old 20 Feb 2006, 09:58 (Ref:1526821)   #3
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Timu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Especially sad considering Richards partner also passed away from cancer recently...
Old 20 Feb 2006, 10:03 (Ref:1526825)   #4
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dreadful news. I am sure Richard and his family are in our thoughts and prayers
Old 20 Feb 2006, 10:05 (Ref:1526827)   #5
fordlover
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, AUstralia
fordlover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that is extreemly sad.

i know people who have R6's & CBR 600's and they "cruise" anywhere between 160 and 220 KM/h on the open roads, ive tried to convince them not to start stunting (they want too, but they dont realise the danger)

My Sinceerest Condolences & Prayers go out to to Mork family.
Old 20 Feb 2006, 10:11 (Ref:1526838)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This story is very sad, but all too regularly found....

Even the small bikes are amazingly quick, the one they are talking about is just a missile...

Very sad
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 20 Feb 2006, 10:24 (Ref:1526854)   #7
Phase3
Veteran

Australia
Always Amazing, Ever Changing Gold Coast
Phase3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a big Bore Sports Bike owner its sad to see a fellow rider depart, the freedoms offered by these bikes should only be restricted to those people unfortunate enough to see the cheesy American sports bike movies.

The beauty kids is in the road, at your own pace....... not jumping off, or standing on, or keeping up, or scraping knees, or doing wheelies, condolences to the Mork family, for what its worth............
Old 20 Feb 2006, 11:31 (Ref:1526915)   #8
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As a fellow rider of 30+ years I was saddened to hear of this too.

My deepest sympathies to the Mork family
Old 20 Feb 2006, 12:37 (Ref:1526958)   #9
FalconXRated
Racer

FalconXRated should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very sad indeed, and happens all to often.

I used to ride road bikes around Perth, the social group I rode with would ride around between 80 - 160kmh around Perth.
One night while I was not riding, one of the fold hit a car and was killed.
The next week the speed was subdued and then the next week it was as fast as ever, what can I say, I don't road ride a big bike anymore.

I missed a corner while riding in bush offroad on my XR400 dirtbike 7 weeks ago, missed a concrete post by 1m and crashed through about three logs and hit the remains of a burn't out tree.
I have been on light duties ever since and still can't sleep on the left side because the rib cartaledge is still to sore, will take up to 12 weeks to heal.

I feel bloody glad to be alive after revisiting the site in the 4wd yesterday, 30 cm's either way and it would have been good night.

If you want to ride, do it safe and wear all the gear, if not it is only a matter of time. I'm a very careful rider who was planning to never fall off but even the careful ones get caught out.
Old 20 Feb 2006, 16:50 (Ref:1527160)   #10
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Well from an old racer across the water many thousands of miles away who found himself in the same circumstances as Richard 8 years ago only differnce it was in a gutless 1000cc Mini not a superbike so it is not the vehicle to blame as I am afraid young men will do stupid things even on a pushbike. My heart felt sympathies, I really feel for him and his family.
Old 20 Feb 2006, 22:23 (Ref:1527456)   #11
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A parent's worst nightmare - just totally horrible. Words cannot describe such anguish.

Sincere condolences to Richard and his family.
Old 20 Feb 2006, 22:52 (Ref:1527485)   #12
Matt H
Veteran

Matt H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very sad news indeed...

Condolences to Richard and his family.
Old 21 Feb 2006, 01:29 (Ref:1527565)   #13
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An article from the SMH can be found here (Don't forget the 2nd page).

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...283989021.html

Condolances to the family from me.
Old 21 Feb 2006, 03:02 (Ref:1527601)   #14
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A real shame, hopefully there will be some good to come out of it though.
Old 21 Feb 2006, 03:15 (Ref:1527606)   #15
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's so sad. Too many people I know got killed on street bikes. It's amazing how dangerous it is, compared to auto racing. And yet people think racing cars is dangerous....
Old 22 Feb 2006, 05:24 (Ref:1528740)   #16
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I read recently that more US servicemen have died post 9/11 from motorbike accidents on return from active service than have been KIA in Afganistan.
Old 22 Feb 2006, 05:50 (Ref:1528745)   #17
Amaze Concepts
Rookie

Australia
On Borrowed Time..****
Amaze Concepts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All my sympathy is With Richard and his Wife!
Old 22 Feb 2006, 07:13 (Ref:1528761)   #18
venturi
Racer

Australia
venturi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridventuri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am a postie that has been knocked of his bike more than a couple of times by people racing down their driveway's in reverse . It Doesn't matter if your going 5 or 300 kms an hour you are in an endagered position just being on a bike .

Luckily enough I will not own a high powered sports bike now because of the inherent risk of other motorists not seeing a small object such as a motorcycle of any kind .

Youth , a road licence , and bad driving by other road users , does not mix .

I am really saddened by another tragic event with a motorcyclist , I just hope that we can educate our young riders to look for the dangers before more of these things happen .

:~( :~(
Old 23 Feb 2006, 07:21 (Ref:1529623)   #19
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200Datto27
I read recently that more US servicemen have died post 9/11 from motorbike accidents on return from active service than have been KIA in Afganistan.
Oh yeah that is for sure. My dad was a US Army doctor and worked in emergency rooms for 8 years and he can tell quite a few stories about motorcycle accidents. The toll is staggering.