Old 13 Mar 2008, 14:06 (Ref:2150811)   #1
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
olly83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ITV broadcasting F1 Friday practice sessions

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65680

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=41939

Good news! Plus races will be able to be seen via ITV's catch up service (not that I'm likely to need that as I'll be watching them all live anyway!!)

Last edited by olly83; 13 Mar 2008 at 14:10. Reason: found new link
Old 13 Mar 2008, 14:19 (Ref:2150824)   #2
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Oooh clever... Wonder how long before we see qually and races also? (ah if i read the full articles it says qually and race simulcasts ooooh)

I assume this will be blocked for international users?

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 13 Mar 2008, 14:39 (Ref:2150832)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone know what time first Practise is exactly?
Old 13 Mar 2008, 14:44 (Ref:2150836)   #4
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
11pm gmt tonight.

Second session is 3am gmt friday morning.
Old 13 Mar 2008, 14:45 (Ref:2150837)   #5
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wicked, this is completely going to destroy my Friday productivity at work
Old 13 Mar 2008, 14:53 (Ref:2150839)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bugger!

Quote:
ITV Web Registration]Geo-blocking: Our Services are using geo-blocking software to prevent you from accessing them from outside the United Kingdom: this is necessary for us in particular to comply with the terms of our broadcast and content licences. You agree not to attempt to access, and/or not to attempt to circumvent the geo-blocking software to access, the Services from anywhere outside the United Kingdom.
Old 13 Mar 2008, 15:17 (Ref:2150864)   #7
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
If you find an open proxy server based in the UK you should be able to watch it (much like the BBC's GeoIP based blocking on iPlayer).
Old 13 Mar 2008, 15:25 (Ref:2150871)   #8
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brilliant news! Well done ITV on this. Praise where praise is due and all that.
Old 13 Mar 2008, 15:33 (Ref:2150881)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstallard
If you find an open proxy server based in the UK you should be able to watch it (much like the BBC's GeoIP based blocking on iPlayer).
Thanks.

How on earth do you find one of those?
Old 13 Mar 2008, 15:41 (Ref:2150886)   #10
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Excellent news, another reason for me to slack off work on a Friday...
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 13 Mar 2008, 15:52 (Ref:2150890)   #11
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's great news, it beats watching the practice session on Teletext
Old 13 Mar 2008, 16:00 (Ref:2150896)   #12
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, this pleases me.

I've some work work I could be getting on with (as opposed to Uni work ), but I'll leave it until ~1200pm after FP1, so I've something to do until 3am!

Well played ITV indeed.

....now, will this be interrupted by adverts?
Old 13 Mar 2008, 16:03 (Ref:2150900)   #13
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Thanks.

I've not actually had cause to do it yet, but apparently by googling around you can find an open proxy, for example:

http://www.xroxy.com/proxy-country-GB.htm

No idea if any of these work though. The performance would probably be a bit rubbish too...I'd imagine there are people selling services for this very kind of thing
Old 13 Mar 2008, 16:09 (Ref:2150902)   #14
al_sami
Racer

Bahrain
London
al_sami is a back marker
About time too...

Last edited by al_sami; 13 Mar 2008 at 16:13.
Old 13 Mar 2008, 16:17 (Ref:2150908)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Interestingly it looks like I won't find a channel to cover the GP here in Qatar. Another reason to leave.
Old 13 Mar 2008, 16:17 (Ref:2150910)   #16
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
Have you tried using TVUPlayer? I've heard it can give good results some of the time at least.
Old 13 Mar 2008, 16:24 (Ref:2150912)   #17
TFHarv
Racer

United Kingdom
Sheffield
TFHarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Thanks.

Try JAP the open source Proxy engine. You may be able to get a free proxy that will allow you to watch.

https://www.jondos.de/en/project/jondo
Old 13 Mar 2008, 16:31 (Ref:2150917)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstallard
Have you tried using TVUPlayer? I've heard it can give good results some of the time at least.
Yeah but it still won't show current sports. I use it on my PDA.
Old 13 Mar 2008, 16:53 (Ref:2150927)   #19
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awesome! That's my evening planned then. RLM for the Sebring practise/quali. And F1 FP1 together with the live timing screen

I assume the Friday practise wont include any commentary?

Last edited by dazbaz_99; 13 Mar 2008 at 16:57.
Old 13 Mar 2008, 16:54 (Ref:2150929)   #20
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Let's hope not.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 13 Mar 2008, 16:58 (Ref:2150934)   #21
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl
Let's hope not.
Me too actually, I just hope they have the trackside noise nice and loud.
Old 13 Mar 2008, 17:09 (Ref:2150937)   #22
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
Indeed, the less James Allen per annum the better. It's bad enough hearing him bleating "Hello everyone!" on a Sunday, let alone when I'm in the office
Old 13 Mar 2008, 17:12 (Ref:2150940)   #23
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm pretty sure Brundle and Allen will be on hand for these, as they do English language broadcasts for the whole world too. I think they have been covering the Friday practice sessions for those other countries.
Old 13 Mar 2008, 17:14 (Ref:2150943)   #24
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
I wonder if the FP Sessions will eventually be aired on ITV2 or ITV4. Perhaps if they get good viewing numbers online they will.
Old 13 Mar 2008, 17:48 (Ref:2150955)   #25
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazbaz_99
I wonder if the FP Sessions will eventually be aired on ITV2 or ITV4. Perhaps if they get good viewing numbers online they will.
Nah, ITV can't possibly interrupt the perpetually looped tapes of Police Camera Action.