Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 3 Jan 2003, 02:43 (Ref:462443)   #1
pinguino
Rookie

pinguino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Edoardo Lualdi

This, I'm afraid is a real brain teaser.

I am trying to find out some specific information about Edoardo Lualdi-Gabardi. By way of backround, this gentleman driver raced all kinds of Italian exotica ( Ferrari 250GTO. Dino 206SP & various Abarths) in world sportscar events from 1953 until his last major race at Monza in 1967. He also owned, for a brief period, the Ferrari 212E Flat 12 2 litre hillclimb car now owned by Carlos Monteverdi and driven by David Franklin.

However, around the 11th May 1972, he totally destoyed Merzario's then current Abarth Osella SE021 (the only Hewland gearbox car) in a Italian hillclimb one week before Bell (standing in for Merzario) was due to drive it at the Salzburgring round of the European 2 litre sportscar championship.

My question is: has anyone any idea where the accident occured? circumstances of the accident? and what was an, effectively retired driver, doing, driving Osella's only championship contending car in a competition one week before a round of the ESC?

This might look a bit of mundane query but it is very much a part of some chassis research that we are trying to do.

Anyone with a run of 1972 'Autosprint' might have the answer but we don't. thank you