Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 May 2006, 13:33 (Ref:1622002)   #1
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
Racer_kyle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liuzzi-the next big thing?

Do any of you guys reckon that Liuzzi isn't far away from a move to a big(ger) team? I think he certainly deserves at least a place in the Red Bull senior team. He's been consistently outpacing Speed, and he's put in some really good performances in the Torro Rosso.

If you ask me this kid is heading for big things. He looks very racey and talented.

Thoughts?
Old 29 May 2006, 13:38 (Ref:1622007)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He certianly had the pace when he was the RBR third driver in practise, but his race pace was lacking then.

He seems to be doing a pretty good job so far, but I think another year or two in Toro Rosso would do him good before moving up to RBR/another team.

He's got potential, thats for sure. He is a former F3000 champion as well.
Old 29 May 2006, 13:43 (Ref:1622017)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He's good, but nowadays, unfortunately you must be awesome even if the car can't help... remember Alonso in the Minardi.
Old 29 May 2006, 13:47 (Ref:1622021)   #4
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
He's good, but nowadays, unfortunately you must be awesome even if the car can't help... remember Alonso in the Minardi.

Yeah i suppose. Give him till the end of the season and we'll see if he can pick up some points i suppose!
Old 29 May 2006, 13:51 (Ref:1622029)   #5
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso in the Minardi gave signs in just about every race that he was a special talent, consistently getting the maximum out of the car.

Same can't really be said for Liuzzi. I think he has been somewhat of a disappointment actually, when thinking back to the hype surrounding him a couple of years ago. Still, he has shown flashes but has also made quite a few unforced errors - spinning in races and often looking quite raggid.
He'll need a strong 2nd half of the season in order to convince people he's worth a promotion otherwise a second term at Toro Rosso is probably the best he can hope for in 07.
Old 29 May 2006, 14:04 (Ref:1622044)   #6
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
I used to think Klien was better than Liuzzi... but i've been pretty disappointed with Christian this year if i'm honest!
Old 29 May 2006, 14:17 (Ref:1622061)   #7
aeroehl
Racer

United States
aeroehl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bahrain
Luzzi-11th

Malaysian
Luzzi-11th

Australian
Luzzi-DNF

San Marino
Luzzi-14th

Nurburgring
Luzzi- DNF

Spain
Luzzi-15th

Monaco
Luzzi-10th

Either the car is crap, or Luzzi isn't going anywhere too fast.
Old 29 May 2006, 14:32 (Ref:1622080)   #8
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
A few good quali performances though.
Old 29 May 2006, 14:39 (Ref:1622089)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Liuzzi can't do much with his car, but still he hasn't shown enough IMO. He was very good in F3000, but that championship was in its death throes.

He is good, no doubt, but I doubt whether he'll ever find a top seat. And I can't stop thinking about him leaving a test last season to get a bed delivered....
Old 29 May 2006, 17:21 (Ref:1622214)   #10
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I don't see him as a future champion, but he has the ability to make a career for himself in F1.

He's very quick and racy when he wants to be, but from what I've seen, he doesn't seem to have the absolute tunnel-vision that the modern day F1 Champion needs.

Winning doesn't seem to be the be-all and end-all for Vitantonio, as it so obviously is for both Schumacher and Alonso.
Old 29 May 2006, 17:30 (Ref:1622217)   #11
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally I think that Liuzzi is a good driver and is so far justifying his place in F1. He has had a couple of good results in qualifying this year as has already been mentioned, his best qualifying slots being 13th in both Australia and Monaco. Is he a future F1 superstar? I dont think so personally, he is a decent enough driver but I find it hard to beleive he could ever win a WDC based on what I have seen so far.

In any other series he would be at the top of the category, but with F1 its another level as we all know. IMO.
Old 29 May 2006, 22:03 (Ref:1622465)   #12
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
In fact, last year, I was really surprised that Klien took over at one point in the season. Last year he had some solid drives for RBR, although having some DNF's too.
Old 29 May 2006, 22:27 (Ref:1622471)   #13
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
He isn't bad, but he isn't great either.

He has a decent mid-field/low points career available, if things work out.

You never know, he might strike out and do a Fisi/Massa.
Old 30 May 2006, 00:38 (Ref:1622524)   #14
arthurive
Rookie

United States
Michigan, USA
arthurive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First of all, can we please put the issue of the bed.........to rest? (pun intended) It was a stupid mistake by Liuzzi and hopefully his manager
mentioned that this is the big leagues now, and it's time you start acting
as if it matters to you.

I remember last year everyone was praising Klien and dissing Liuzzi.
Those people always failed to mention that Klien had 17 races with Jaguar
in 2004 and the first 3(?) or so races in 2005 before Liuzzi ever had his first
F1 start. Now people are down on Klien and have moved Liuzzi up to the
"he could be decent" category.

I think he has the talent to be a solid F1 driver, but probably not the makeup
to be an F1 superstar. But sometimes you never know. Did anyone really see
greatness in Mika Hakkinen in 1993-94?

I think his best chance for next season is with the Red Bull primary team.
It looks like they want to re-sign DC (and why not?) and they may have
an opening in the 2nd seat. Klien is likely done there. I don't see any other offers coming Liuzzi's way for 2007. There just are too many drivers and not enough seats in the better teams. He'll be around a while though. There's enough talent there, we just have to see how much he wants "it".
Old 30 May 2006, 08:44 (Ref:1622699)   #15
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_kyle
I used to think Klien was better than Liuzzi... but i've been pretty disappointed with Christian this year if i'm honest!
How do you say that? Klien started the year marvellously, qualifying 8th at Bahrain and Malaysia. He finished in the points at Bahrain. Other than that, he has finished 1 more race out of 7. He was on for 4th at worst at Monaco ahead of DC. He has seemed to get all of RBR's mechanical gremlins this season.

He hasn't been too bad considering!
Old 30 May 2006, 10:28 (Ref:1622798)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm still right behind Klien, he is doing well. More impressive than Tonio, in fact.
Old 30 May 2006, 15:52 (Ref:1623076)   #17
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport, UK (and Leeds Uni)
Ryo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the evidence of the Monaco weekend, Liuzzi certainly has a lot of potential - he outqualified and outraced Button in the Honda with relative ease, and would probably have scored points but for the appearence of the safety car, which ruined his strategy. Ive been impressed by him so far this year, he usually manages to get into the second qualifying session and has outqualified Klien in the Red Bull a couple of times, though Klien has himself done a good job generally.