Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 19 Oct 2001, 21:42 (Ref:163084)   #1
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Waiting for WSC

Im wondering when World Sports Cars for pc is going to be released in the US, I heard it has beautiful graphics, etc.

I'm also wondering if GP3 is available in the US. I can't find it anywhere!

Last edited by FastJoel31; 19 Oct 2001 at 21:46.
Old 20 Oct 2001, 09:28 (Ref:163195)   #2
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I have heard they (the designers) have had publisher problems which is delaying the release again.

have a look at www.simracingmag.com for some screen shots and other links to do with WSC.

Hope that helps.
Old 22 Oct 2001, 02:48 (Ref:163740)   #3
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, don't forget Sportscar GT. It is available at comp USA in a five pack of games for about $20. I love the game and it drivers just super. You have to earn all your cars and money, but I can send you a floppy with all the cars and set ups, plus an additional $90,000,000 in the bank to buy all the additional cars you could ever want.

I have GP3 that a friend got for me, but it isn't too great. EA sports F-1 200 CS is a waste. My playstation 1 does a better job with the game than my pc.

Yeah, if anyone sees a good sportscar game, please PM me.

By the way, I finally got my LeMans game to work properly. You just dial the freeplay out of the steering completely and it is a brand new game. Still not as good as Sportscar GT, but it is ok and the graphics are pretty good.
Old 22 Oct 2001, 19:34 (Ref:164079)   #4
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Austin
Hey, don't forget Sportscar GT. It is available at comp USA in a five pack of games for about $20. I love the game and it drivers just super. You have to earn all your cars and money, but I can send you a floppy with all the cars and set ups, plus an additional $90,000,000 in the bank to buy all the additional cars you could ever want.
Yeah, I have to agree with SCGT. I have it and it is the best sports car racing game ever made (but then again, how many are there?). 54 secs. around Road Atlanta in Porsche 911 GT1...
Old 22 Oct 2001, 19:52 (Ref:164083)   #5
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by FastJoel31

Yeah, I have to agree with SCGT. I have it and it is the best sports car racing game ever made (but then again, how many are there?). 54 secs. around Road Atlanta in Porsche 911 GT1...
49.91 in the Panoz hybrid. But 54 in the GT1 is pretty good. We can play this game over the internet, but I'm not sure how it works. I can send you the cars and set ups on floppy if you like. I like a real nuetral car at Atlanta because I'm flat from the bridge turn to the hairpin, and all of those corners are so fast that you can't have the tail get away from you. But I have found that a nuetral car at Atlanta understeers elsewhere, so I tend to run the front bar stiffer at Atlanta and soften it up for places like Donington and North point. The gear ratios are tricky for me, but I am starting to get them figured out. The hybrid was so far off that I had to radically change every gear and the final drive, but it was worth it as it is a really quick car.

Probably the nicest car to drive is the McLaren F-1 GTR longtail. you can just flog it for all you are worth and most of the time you can save any situation you get into.

PS Try crashing into the wall at the Atlanta start/finish line. You will be really surprised at what happens, because there is a little bug in the program. Get up a full head of steam, and turn left into the outside wall about ten feet before the finish line. It won't work if you don't have a full head of steam and you have to give it a glancing, but hard blow.

I won't give away what happens, but make sure you have the replay turned on. Get back to me and tell me what happens. Maybe it's just my machine, but I can also send you replays. It is too hysterical.