Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 May 2008, 13:56 (Ref:2215339)   #1
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
urgent info re speed ferries

Just had an e mail stating that the 23.55 speedferries from Bolougne on the sunday night 15th june is cancelled.

Phone speedferries and they are only offering ferry at 20.50 so unless you can get there just after 8.00 in the evening is not on.

They will not offer alternative on other companies so you must make alternative arrangements or wait until 10.00 in the morning. Not very acceptable in my opinion.

They have had my money since last year and I will insist they at least pay the extra need for other companies.

managed to get p & O at 22.45 but at extra cost.

suggest anyone usinf speedferries on sunday night get in quick before other ferries have no space available.
Old 30 May 2008, 16:50 (Ref:2215428)   #2
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Same for Monday as well. We have had to reschedule ours for 20.50 on the monday, as one of our group had to catch a plane.

It's pretty unacceptable, apparently they don't have the bookings to make it worthwhile, but we've taken that crossing for the last two years, and it's always been full, or as good as.
Old 30 May 2008, 18:14 (Ref:2215484)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoyer
Same for Monday as well. We have had to reschedule ours for 20.50 on the monday, as one of our group had to catch a plane.

It's pretty unacceptable, apparently they don't have the bookings to make it worthwhile, but we've taken that crossing for the last two years, and it's always been full, or as good as.
I know of at least 20 people on the Sunday return and when I booked in January I had to book the flex ticket because all the basics tickets were sold out, two months ago even those were saying sold out on the booking site, the girl I spoke to did not say why it was cancelled but when a friend got through after almost 1 hour wait on the phone they told him it was almost empty.

We have always used the last speedferries back on Sunday and they have always been jammed mostly with Le mans returnees. I suspect that there is another reason, getting worried about the classic aswell we have booked the same sunday return.
Old 31 May 2008, 16:27 (Ref:2215998)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I find it seriously difficult to believe that its because the ferry would be almost empty at that time on that day.....
Old 31 May 2008, 18:28 (Ref:2216082)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
With various travel companies/airline failing recently and the cost of fuel reaching new peaks, I could understand cancelling near empty boats but, I am certain that like previous years the late sunday crossing would be full, and I know that when we booked on line a long time ago the basic cheap fare was already registering sold out and I am certain looking at Club arnarge and piston heads that the numbers travelling with speedferries is very substantial.

To risk lossing the good will of all those traveling they must have very good reasons, lets just hope it is not that the end is in sight for this operator.