Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 16 Jan 2002, 22:03 (Ref:199855)   #1
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Update on unusual marriage question.

I got a call from Joe on this past Friday. He was coming through the area, on his way to a confrence at Camp LeJeune, NC, and ask if he could stay a couple of days. Good to see an old friend, hadn't seen him in two years. We laughed, several times so hard that we had tears in our eyes, and pain in our sides, about old times. I ask him to tell me how things were between he and his finance' (sp?) He told me that they are compatable on all things except racing, which they remain at complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Says that they have made an agreement not to talk about racing, and certianly not to try to get the other to watch, or try to convert the other. He said that in June, she would appologize for her rude behavior at my house on that evening. She wants to do it in person, instead of over the phone, or in a card of somekind. He says that he is going to buy a second TV (so much for my gift) and that they will watch their respective races, in seperate rooms, without bothering each other, and that if friends come over to watch races, the friends will watch the races in different rooms, he, the den, and her, the living/family room. So I guess everything will turn out ok for them. He said that racing was not going to be the focal point of their relationship. I breath a sigh of relief over that one. He thanked me, once again, for agreeing to be the best man. Also said that there would be no mention, not visible signs of either racing series at the wedding, or reception afterwards. With info, I think maybe they've worked it out, and just might have a chance. All and all a great weekend with an old, and close friend. Just thought ya'll might want to know.
Old 16 Jan 2002, 22:16 (Ref:199864)   #2
Roselady3
Veteran

Roselady3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's cool! I'm glad they could work it out.
See? Sometimes old sayings like "Opposites Attract" are true!
Old 16 Jan 2002, 23:14 (Ref:199887)   #3
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's good news, Lee. I know it must be a weight off your mind. Usually good communication is far more important than individual likes or dislikes, and it looks like they have good communication so hopefully everything will work out OK.

So, now what kind of wedding gift will you be looking for?
Old 16 Jan 2002, 23:42 (Ref:199901)   #4
Lee
Racer

That's a good question? At this point I have no idea. I'll tell you what it won't be, it won't be anything racing related. We'll see.
Old 17 Jan 2002, 01:10 (Ref:199919)   #5
Dick Blom
Rookie

Dick Blom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lee those sort of arrangements can work just fine, my wife and I have several subjects that we have "agreeded that we disagree" and simply don't discuss any longer. The vietnam war and religion come immediatly to mind, but there are one or two others. It has worked for us now for over 15 years, so I assume it is workable for others as well. We have hyge debates, the latest was over the right of this woman to keep her notes and confidential information for her book secret regarding a murder, she has been in jail for weeks and it looks like she will be boing back. Our debate is whether she is protected by the 4th amendment or not, great fun, this one has been going on for days and we both enjoy it greatly. So they sound like they could have a real possability for a good lively marriage. Anyway I'm glad they have worked out this arrangement.
Old 17 Jan 2002, 01:22 (Ref:199921)   #6
The Beer Baron
Veteran

The Beer Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

So Lee is the Best Man, he has to give a speech to people who lie on the opposite spectrum of motorsport! That should be fun
Old 17 Jan 2002, 01:32 (Ref:199923)   #7
Lee
Racer

Beer Baron,

It will be no trouble at all. I will not mention racing. I will stick to the usual topics of a speech like this, e.g. good luck to the couple, long and happy life together, Be fruitful and multiply, etc. No way in Hell I'd embarass a friend of 15 + years.
Old 17 Jan 2002, 02:34 (Ref:199929)   #8
The Beer Baron
Veteran

Not if you have a few too many
Old 17 Jan 2002, 05:01 (Ref:199973)   #9
Lee
Racer

Beer Baron,

Not a chance, with the blood pressure medication I'm on, sadly, my beer drinking days are over. I won't be making that mistake.
Old 17 Jan 2002, 07:02 (Ref:199991)   #10
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Wow, we can all breathe a huge sign of relief. The eruption has been averted(huge sarcasm intended) .

I'm sorry guys, it's really not my intentions to offend anyone here. But it's really hard for me to actually take this seriously. It just seems that when it comes to something as serious as marriage, there should be more important things to worry about then racing.
Old 17 Jan 2002, 17:24 (Ref:200230)   #11
The Beer Baron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Beer Baron,

Not a chance, with the blood pressure medication I'm on, sadly, my beer drinking days are over. I won't be making that mistake.
Ahhh, just as well you're not from where I'm from, our whole social life depends on it ! (unfortunately)