Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Nov 2006, 17:56 (Ref:1761824)   #1
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Will Ferrari Crumble?

With all the changes at Ferrari I was just wondering what everyone thinks on the matter. I think they will win races, but they wont be as strong as what they were IMO.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 19:04 (Ref:1761883)   #2
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Strength of a team is relative. And with the top 3 team (Mclaren, Ferrari and Renault) all undergoing significant changes, it'd be a test to see who responds best.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 19:24 (Ref:1761895)   #3
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
Strength of a team is relative. And with the top 3 team (Mclaren, Ferrari and Renault) all undergoing significant changes, it'd be a test to see who responds best.
Honda hopefully.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 19:35 (Ref:1761904)   #4
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
it would be nice to see honda winning races regually in '07 like
Old 9 Nov 2006, 19:44 (Ref:1761915)   #5
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think not. Ferrari will remain a big part of his 2005 team, Schumacher could remain with the team in other functions, and Kimi and Massa could lead them with a respectable season. I think their worst possibility in 2007 could be a season like they had at the second part of 1996.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 19:51 (Ref:1761928)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They should be OK. Certainly, I think their momentum will carry them for a few years yet.

However, we must not expect it to be the same now that Michael is gone, along with some key backroom staff. But times change and Ferrari seem to have a good succession program in place.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 20:00 (Ref:1761938)   #7
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
true that Ferrari have a good succession programme in place, but lets remember that McLaren did in 2000/01/02/03/04/05/06 lol!! Only lost Mika after 2001and DC after 2004
Old 9 Nov 2006, 20:07 (Ref:1761949)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That is irrelevant though.

Apart from the fact that I wasn't talking about the drivers, there is the fact that the succession programme is already in full swing. Aldo Costa was the main man on the 2006 Ferrari for instance and Baldiserri and Domenicali were taking a lot more responsibility this season too. Among other things.

So whilst there will be a slight shift at ferrari, it will not be cataclysmic one suspects.

Unlike other teams who lose key members of staff unexpectedly (to Red Bull usually) and have no response for a while.

Ferrari have internal continuity and you simply cannot lose with that.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 22:34 (Ref:1762090)   #9
outflat
Racer

outflat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The loss of Schumacher may be more impactful than they expect. Take him out of the equation and Ferrari have been no more competitive than Renault in the past year.

How many times during Schumi's 6 Ferrari titles did his team-mate finish second in the championship?
Old 9 Nov 2006, 22:45 (Ref:1762097)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

That is where Kimi comes in. Will he fill the shoes of Michael well enough? Time will tell.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 23:00 (Ref:1762113)   #11
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The thing with Michael also was his ability to unite a team. Sometimes drivers are able to get the best out of engineers and teams by sheer enthusiasm, willingness to work etc. A lot of the Ferrari crew would have worked for Ferrari during the MS years only. Can Kimi bring the same enthusiasm out of the team as MS did, id reckon probably not. I think it may well come down to how quickly the crew can adapt to Kimi's personality and styl. The new technical team have been groomed over the years and i dont see a reason why they cannot continue the success
Old 9 Nov 2006, 23:04 (Ref:1762117)   #12
Taz Q2
Racer

Australia
Bathurst & Emerald
Taz Q2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One thinks Kimi will accomplish more than most expect & i would not be surprised if he starts winning almost straight away.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 23:11 (Ref:1762122)   #13
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess by Ferrari standards over the last decade you could say they crumbled in 2005, 1 win and distant third in oth WCC and WDC, they bounced pretty quickly though
Old 9 Nov 2006, 23:32 (Ref:1762136)   #14
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I used to think they'd be a steamroller next year, but now with Brawn confirmed to leave and a few other key roles, albeit internally, having been shaken up i think they'll be vulnerable. With Brawn not on pit wall i'd imagine they might lose out a few times next season on strategy. If Heikki comes up to speed quickly then im sure Renault wont hold back on account for him being a rookie. Alonso and McLaren too i cant imagine wont be going 100%.
Old 10 Nov 2006, 04:51 (Ref:1762335)   #15
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
They've been around for about 60 odd years so they've probably had a few changes to deal with over the years,Hard to see the wheels falling off just because of a few more changes.
Old 10 Nov 2006, 17:36 (Ref:1762868)   #16
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will Ferrari crumble? No.

Will they lose some impetus with MS gone? I think so. Raikkonen and Massa certainly won't be the driving force MS was, so although Ferrari will remain dedicated and competitive, that little spark that set them apart will no longer be there.

It won't be a return to pre-96 terms though. Far too much money is spent nowadays for that embarrassing run to return.
Old 10 Nov 2006, 18:13 (Ref:1762887)   #17
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Keeping it short and simple - They won't crumble. They just won't dominate.
Old 10 Nov 2006, 18:56 (Ref:1762906)   #18
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Woodland Hills California
Bluewolf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As long as their budgets remain huge -- they will be a huge force in F1. They may have to regroup for a year but big money buys the best talent and I believe their budgets are as big or bigger than any other F1 team.
Old 10 Nov 2006, 20:36 (Ref:1762956)   #19
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by outflat

How many times during Schumi's 6 Ferrari titles did his team-mate finish second in the championship?
He won 5 with Ferrari
Old 10 Nov 2006, 20:54 (Ref:1762963)   #20
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The answer's 2 - 3 if you count Irvine in 1999.
Old 10 Nov 2006, 21:16 (Ref:1762977)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
WE always fall in the same discussion, will Kimi and/or Massa fill TGF's shoes ?
Certainly not. But if you look closer, it's not a case of finding someone great as TGF. I have posted in different threads about Ferrari and the drivers. It was a planned move and for sure it will have an impact, but they are prepared for that and hardly it will be a total failure. Now, if this will keep them at the top, is another matter.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 05:26 (Ref:1763235)   #22
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
If $$ were the major consideration than Toyota would be dominating...but they are not.

Ferrari has a terrific infrastructure. You can't replace a Michael or a Ross but that does not mean the remaining personnel are not more than adequate. They will not dominate but they will not be crumbling - not sure though that they will contend for the title. For certain they will remain a top 3 team.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 13:28 (Ref:1763417)   #23
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
For certain they will remain a top 3 team.
I think that's where they were before Schumi got there!
Old 11 Nov 2006, 18:35 (Ref:1763550)   #24
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I believe they will remain in the top three, and they'll raise their game if the drivers are suited to the team... which is not very hard to happen.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 22:01 (Ref:1763674)   #25
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Ferrari were not a "top three" team before Michael got there. Granted, on their day they could sneak up on folks but they were not a consistent threat to win.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.