Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10 Aug 2004, 01:53 (Ref:1061643)   #1
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OT: A bit of advice needed - setting up a race team

Hello all,

I’ve been harbouring dreams of setting up a small race team along with my brother for years now. Something tiny to start with, the ideal starting point (unless someone can suggest a better route) might be taking part in some regional UK motorsport series (any suggestions?)and ultimately moving on into junior formulae single seaters or sportscars. The ultimate for me would be running a team at LM!

I’ve recently graduated and finding it hard going finding an aerospace job so I figured perhaps I should exploit this avenue since I will be unemployed sometime at least and have plenty of time on my hands.

As I am completely new to this thing, I need some help, where on earth do I start? Do I need a business plan (lets face it the ‘sport’ these days needs to be run like one) of some sort to present to potential sponsors? Who should I be targeting in terms of sponsorship? The questions are endless so feel free to contribute any ideas you might think is worth pursuing. At this stage I’m only looking at how feasible the whole thing is. Thanks

Regards
George